Turkey and Chicken Sausage Minestrone Soup. All the classic flavors of minestrone soup kicked up a notch with Italian sausage and topped with Parmesan cheese. I always thought Minestrone soup was kind of boring, but then I added Italian sausage. This soup is PACKED and I love it!
Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato Minestrone really is all about improvisation. Here is a hearty base minestrone soup I skipped the potatoes but added turkey Italian sausage and Ditalini pasta. You can cook Turkey and Chicken Sausage Minestrone Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey and Chicken Sausage Minestrone Soup
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 2 large of chicken sausage links chopped.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 8 oz of mushrooms sliced.
- You need 2 large of celery sticks.
- Prepare 3 medium of carrots.
- It’s 1 can of black beans (rinsed).
- It’s 14 oz of beef broth (low sodium).
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 14 1/2 can of stewed tomatoes.
- You need 14 1/2 can of diced tomatoes.
I make this zippy, satisfying soup all the time, and it's my dad's favorite. The recipe makes a lot, and I have found Made mine in my instapot. Made a chicken stock and added Shredded chicken I always like to make this and freeze it I find the only vegetable that. This classic easy minestrone soup recipe is a healthy and filling one pot meal.
Turkey and Chicken Sausage Minestrone Soup instructions
- brown turkey and add to crock.
- saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic and then add to crock.
- add remaining ingredients.
- cook on low for 8 hours.
- add 1 cup elbow noodes in the last 30 minutes.
- you can add pesto or cheese to taste.
- if you plan to freeze, don't add the noodles. you can add those when you reheat.
Minestrone soup is already a great one-pot meal. But I tried to make sure that all the food groups were covered by adding some turkey sausage and bulking up the broth with even more veggies and herbs than usual. Upgrade your weeknight dinner with this Minestrone with Turkey Sausage Meatballs recipe. Add kale to your soups and stews. Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale.