Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers.
You can cook Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare 4 large of green peppers.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 2 cup of cooked brown rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of canned black beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of hot pepper sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom, optional.
- You need 1 can of (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained.
- You need 1 can of (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- Prepare 1 can of (8 oz) no-salt-added tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded Colby cheese.
Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Discard stems. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, rice, beans, pepper, pepper sauce and cardamom if desired. Spoon into peppers. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, tomatoes and green chilies, and tomato sauce. Spoon over peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.