BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits.
You can have BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits
- You need of for the shrimp.
- It’s 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled, deveined.
- You need 1 lb of Andouille Sausage, sliced on the diagonal 1/2 inch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of creole seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/2 stick of stick of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 of stalks celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno, diced.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need of for the grits.
- It’s 1 cup of grits.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of beef or chicken broth, low sodium + extra to thin grits as they cook.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of Creole seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of blk pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits instructions
- In a large pot bring all liquids to boil, add butter and seasonings.
- Slowly stir in grits while whisking nonstop for about two minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook grits, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- Adding extra broth as needed to keep the grits thin. Add cheese and whisk well, add more broth if needed.
- To prepare the shrimp, peel and devein shrimp, season with all the spices and set aside.
- In a large saute pan add butter and olive oil over medium high heat, add all the vegetables, except garlic and saute for 5 minutes, add garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Add andouille sausage and saute about 10-15 minutes, until browned. Add shrimp and cook about 3-4 minutes are until no longer pink.
- Serve on top of hot grits.yes sir!.