Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Stack. Slow Cooker Enchilada Stack – Simply turn on your crockpot and forget all about it until you have the cheesiest and creamiest enchiladas ever! Yes, believe it or not, you can make enchiladas effortlessly in a Crock-Pot. It's so easy, it's practically fool-proof.
The word "enchilada" is a Spanish word that means "in chili." The typical enchilada is a corn tortilla stuffed with meat, cheese, and other ingredients. I love enchiladas but they can be a lot of work to make. Now you can easily enjoy all the flavors of traditional chicken enchiladas without all the work with this delicious and easy lazy day crock pot chicken enchiladas casserole recipe! You can have Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Stack using 25 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Stack
- It’s of Equipment.
- You need 1 of crock pot (mine is 6.5 qt).
- You need 1 large of mixing bowl.
- You need 1 of blender.
- You need 1 medium of saucepan.
- You need 1 of spatula.
- Prepare 1 large of mixing spoon.
- It’s 1 of crockpot liner.
- You need 1 of non-fat cooking spray.
- You need of Ingredients.
- You need 2 large of bone-in chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of McCormick Taco seasoning.
- It’s 1 of water.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 large of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 small of can chopped green chilis.
- You need 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes with chilis (14.5 oz).
- It’s 8 oz of spaghetti sauce with peppers, onion, and garlic (I prefer the Wal-mart brand).
- You need 1/4 cup of McCormick Taco seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 of 16 oz bag frozen corn.
- You need 1 of 14.5 oz can black beans, rinsed.
- It’s 12 small of corn tortillas.
- Prepare 8 oz of shredded cheese.
I love turning classic meals into soups, it's an easy (maybe even lazy) way to make a dish that only dirties one pot! I basically took my traditional chicken enchilada recipe, modified it and added some black beans, corn and chicken broth. After a few hours of letting it slow. Crock-Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup from Delish.com is the soup you'll be making all winter long.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Stack instructions
- This is more hands on than any other crockpot recipe I have attempted but way less involved than handrolling and baking regular enchiladas and the homemade enchilada sauce is AMAZING!.
- 20 min hands on, 4 hours hands off :).
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Season with 1/2c taco seasoning and cover with water. Place lid on top and cook on high 2 hours.
- Go watch a movie.
- Turn off your crockpot. Shred your chicken into a large mixing bowl, removing bones, skin, and fat. Do not drain the juice off the chicken, but dump out the water from the crockpot.
- Rinse out your crockpot and put in the liner. Spray liner with cooking spray.
- Preheat saucepan to medium high heat. Drizzle pan with olive oil. Add onions and saute a couple minutes. Add garlic and saute a couple more. Finally add your green chilis and bring to a solid simmer.
- To your onion mixture, add your can of tomatoes and spaghetti sauce. Let simmer a minute and add the rest of the taco seasoning and chili powder. Remove from heat.
- Spoon half of your sauce into the blender. Remove the middle piece of the lid to vent the steam but cover with a couple folded paper towels to prevent splattering. Pulse until smooth. Repeat with remaining sauce.
- Pour enough sauce into the bottom of the crockpot the cover the bottom, about 3 tbsps.
- Add your chicken (with juice) to the sauce pan. Stir in remaining sauce, corn, and black beans.
- In your crockpot lay corn tortillas over the plain sauce. It took 2 slightly overlapped to cover the bottom of my crockpot.
- Spread a heaping spoonful of the chicken mixture over the tortillas and top with some of the cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken, and cheese.
- Return lid to the crockpot and cook on high 2 hours, until edges are lightly browned.
- **Optional** Serve with spanish rice, sour cream, salsa, avacado, and/or cilantro.
Combine onion, spices, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken and broth in the bowl of your Crock-Pot. Stir together to combine all ingredients. Place one tortilla in the bottom of the pot. Cover with some of the meat mixture. Delicious and easy Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup!