Vickys Jam & Custard Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Vickys Jam & Custard Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Jam & Custard Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 140 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s 240 ml of light coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornflour / cornstarch.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 150 grams of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 113 grams of apple sauce or 80ml vegetable oil.
- Prepare of custard filling.
- You need 3 tbsp of custard powder – the Birds tubbed brand are free-from, the packets are not.
- You need 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 200 ml of light coconut milk.
- It’s 100 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare of raspberry jam.
Vickys Jam & Custard Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF Step By Step
- Preheat oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line 2 cupcake tins. This recipe makes 18 cupcakes
- Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside for 5 minutes at room temperature
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add all of other dry cake ingredients
- Mix the milk, oil/apple sauce and vanilla together and whip up until frothy then add to the dry ingredients and beat until combined
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake cases until 2/3 full, then bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes away clean
- While the cakes are baking, mix the custard ingredients together and bring to boil in a small pan, stirring continuously until thickened. Pour into a bowl, cover until cooled, then chill in fridge a while
- When the cakes are cooled enough, make a hole in the centre of each and fill the holes with some raspberry jam up to the top
- When the custard has chilled completely, put it in a piping bag and pipe a swirl on top of each cake