Shrimp Cocktail Salad. For convenience, use a mix, prepared with or without alcohol. This retro-style recipe transforms the ingredients and flavors found in a classic shrimp cocktail into a satisfying main dish salad. Cut cooked shrimp into thirds and place in a large bowl; add cucumber, onion, and tomatoes.
Set fine-mesh sieve over medium bowl. Press seeds in sieve to extract as much juice as possible; discard seeds. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, celery, tarragon, salt and pepper. You can have Shrimp Cocktail Salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Cocktail Salad
- It’s 3/4 pound of cooked shelled shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk, chopped1 small carrot, grated.
- You need 1 tablespoon of grated sweet onion.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of zesty cocktail sauce.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sriracha sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Lettuce leaves for serving.
- You need of Lettece and celery tops for serving.
Top with remaining dressing; sprinkle with chives. This shrimp salad is a blend of tender shrimp, fresh vegetables, dill and seasonings, all coated in a creamy dressing. An easy make-ahead lunch option that's high in protein and easy to make! I love a good shrimp dish, I can never turn down shrimp Alfredo or Mexican shrimp cocktail.
Shrimp Cocktail Salad step by step
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp and letttece and celery tops in a biwl.
- Fold in shrimp, chill until ready to serve.
- Serve on a bed of lettece, garnish each with a celery too.
Toss the cooked shrimp with cocktail sauce and set aside. Place salad in a large salad bowl. Cut one lemon in half, remove any seeds and squeeze the fresh juice over the salad. Add olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Serve the salad in individual bowls, stemmed dessert glasses or margarita glasses.