0ven baked brown rice. If brown rice is your nemesis, there is one method I think you'll agree is a winner: cooking brown rice in the oven. Fluff with a fork: Remove the foil (be careful of the. Bring the water, butter, and salt just to a boil in a kettle or covered saucepan.
Nutrition assumes all the rice is consumed which it probably will not be. Brown Rice has a delicious nutty flavor and a slightly chewy texture. Brown rice can be cooked either on the stove top or, my favorite method, in the oven! You can cook 0ven baked brown rice using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 0ven baked brown rice
- It’s 8 of plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cup of short grain brown rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- It’s 4 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
Baking it in the oven next to the meatloaf or roast is insanely easy. Remove baking dish from oven and uncover. Heat a skillet up over medium high heat. For our brown rice recipe, we cooked the rice in the oven to approximate the controlled, indirect heat of a rice cooker, eliminating the risk of scorching.
0ven baked brown rice instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Season tomatoes with salt & spread out on prepared baking sheet. Roast until edges of the skins are browned but not burned. 10 -12 min. Remove from oven & set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large heavy ovenproof saucepan with lid. Add onion & saute until soft & translucent, about 5 min.
- Add rice & chopped thyme. Season with salt & pepper. Continue to cook, stir constantly, til rice is shiny, about 3 min.
- Stir in roast tomatoes, pour in hot stock, stir lightly cover bring to a boil.
- Transfer to oven & cook covered til liquid is absorbed about 40 to 50 min.
- Remove the rice from the oven & fluff with a fork. Transfer to serving bowl.
Experimenting with proportions, we discovered why most brown rice is sodden and over. How to make Oven Baked Garlic Mushroom Rice. One-pot meals are where my life is at lately. When I'm busy I love to just throw everything in *Any long grain white rice variety will work including basmati and jasmine. I have not tested this recipe with brown rice.