Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp. Make the shrimp: In a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper; add to the preheated pan in a single layer. To make her fabulous seafood pasta, star chef Giada De Laurentiis tosses spaghetti with sweet seared shrimp, tangy lemon sauce and crisp fried capers.
Are you enjoying your long weekend? Buuut, if you're anything like me, spaghetti shrimp dinners are awesome! Season with salt and pepper and stir in. You can have Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp
- Prepare 1 T of evoo.
- You need 3/4 pound of lg shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 1/4 t of salt & fresh ground pepper (for seasoning shrimp).
- Prepare 1 pound of spaghetti (i use gluten free yam starch noodles).
- Prepare 1/2 t of salt, plus more for the pasta water.
- It’s 2/3 c of evoo.
- You need 2/3 c of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 T of lemon zest(about 1 lg lemon).
- Prepare 1/2 c of fresh lemon juice (about 2 lg lemons).
- It’s 1/4 t of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 of 3 c chopped fresh basil.
- It’s 2 T of capers, she has a process to roast these. I used them raw.
The buttery fruit gets a quick buzz in a blender with plenty of lemon juice, turning velvety thick. Plump shrimp marry perfectly with spaghetti and aromatics like garlic, chile flakes and the fruity zest of Meyer lemon. You'll be amazed that you can make this simple, elegant pasta in mere minutes. Add garlic, lemon juice, cumin and salt; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp step by step
- Season shrimp with s&p. Sautee in oo heated to med. 2-3 mins per side in single layer. Cook until no longer gray and translucent.
- Cook the pasta in the very salted water in very large pot until a la dente or to your liking or follow directions on box. You will save 1 cup of pasta water before you drain.
- Whisk olive oil, parm cheese,.
- Lemon zest and juice in lg bowl, blend. Toss the shrimp and the pasta into sauce and add reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at a time to moisten, and toss to get to desired sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix in basil and capers.
- Sprinkle with extra parm cheese (optional) Mine verses theirs. I think mine looks better.
It was mouth sticking dry, even after I added olive oil and butter to the spaghetti. Kamut Spaghetti Shrimp Lemons Italian Noodles Pasta Healthy Dinner Weeknight Dinner Californian Comfort Food Pescatarian Easy. Shrimp like to breathe, otherwise they start to get smelly. To avoid foul seafood, you'll first want to store your shrimp in the coldest part of your fridge. This feels like dining in an Italian Hi 🙂 You can use chicken broth and then add a little lemon juice in end to taste for a little more flavor.