Causa Limeña (salmon).
You can have Causa Limeña (salmon) using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Causa Limeña (salmon)
- Prepare of Fillings.
- It’s 1 of avocado.
- Prepare 100 grams of smoked salmon.
- Prepare 1/4 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 50 grams of cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 20 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon.
- It’s of Causa paste.
- Prepare 8 of potatoes.
- It’s 50 ml of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of lemons.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 of "aji amarillo" or "chile largo" peppers.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of black pepper.
- You need of Decoration.
- You need 1 of egg boiled.
- Prepare 2 of olives.
- Prepare 30 ml of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 30 ml of mustard.
Causa Limeña (salmon) instructions
- Boil the potatoes until cooked (it takes about 1 hr.).
- Peel the potatoes and mash them very well (we want no lumps.).
- Add to the potato paste the oil, the garlic, the chopped peppers and the juice of the two lemons. Mix all together to incorporate all the ingredients to the potato. You should have now a soft and manageable paste.
- Wait until the mix is totally cold. Flatten the paste with a rolling pin until you have a 1 cm thin layer.
- Cut some shapes with a cookie mold/cutter. You will need three cuts/pieces per serving.
- Cut the avocado in very thin slices. This will be your first filling.
- Cut the smoked salmon in thin pieces/squares (1×1 cm.) Add some olive oil, the chopped onion and the cilantro. This will be your second filling.
- To assemble the causa, put the first potato paste piece in a dish. Add some slices of avocado. Add a second piece of potato paste. Add some of the salmon filling. Add the third part of the potato paste.
- To decorate, mix the mustard and the mayonnaise and put them in a condiment bottle with a thin nozzle. Draw some scratches of this liquid in the causa and the plate. Finally add 1/4 of the boiled egg, a leave of cilantro and a half of an olive in the top of the causa.