Brad’s Citrus Honey Bourbon BBQ Salmon. Smoked Salmon is a show stopper on any dinner table when it’s perfectly cooked. I also wanted to incorporate some Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey into the recipe. The recipe I used in this video is based on one I found in the book “Slow Fire” by Ray “Dr.
Satsuma orange trees are popular in North Florida. Honey BBQ Salmon is super moist and flavorful and makes a healthy, quick & easy weeknight meal. To keep the salmon really moist, but develop a nice sear and char on the outside, I like to first sear it in a pan and then flip it over and finish cooking it in a low. You can have Brad’s citrus honey bourbon BBQ salmon using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad’s Citrus Honey Bourbon BBQ Salmon
- You need for the glaze.
- You need 2 of the peaches.
- It’s 3 of LG navel oranges.
- You need the juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 12 Oz of honey.
- It’s a 3/4 cup of loose brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of bourbon.
- It’s 1/3 cup of corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water.
- You need for the fish.
- Prepare 1 of whole sockeye salmon. about 6 lbs, fileted.
- It’s 1 tbs of minced roasted garlic.
- You need the juice of half a lemon.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of brown sugar.
Smoked Salmon is a show stopper on any dinner table when it’s perfectly cooked. The recipe I used in this video is based on one I found in the book “Slow Fire” by Ray “Dr. Our baked salmon fillets are flavored with a mixture of honey, lime, and orange juice and are surprisingly quick and easy. Serve this salmon with vegetable risotto or roasted potatoes and fresh cooked green beans or peas.
Brad’s Citrus Honey Bourbon BBQ Salmon Step by Step
- For the glaze.
- Boil water in a saucepot. Dip the peaches until the skin gets soft and can be peeled. 15-20 seconds. Pit them.
- Peel the oranges. Try to get as much of the white off as you can.
- Place 4 cups water in an LG saucepot. Cube the peaches and orange. Add to the pot. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced by at least half.
- Cool and place in a blender.
- Once well blended, return to pot. Heat again. Add honey, bourbon, lemon juice, and brown sugar.
- When boiling, thicken with cornstarch mixture. Thicken until it is a nice glaze consistency. Use more if needed.
- For the fish.
- Roll out tin foil a little longer than twice the length of each fillet.
- Place each filet on one end of the foil. Sprinkle garlic, lemon juice, and brown sugar on them evenly. Fold foil back over filet and roll all edges.
- Place on outer edges of the preheated low temp. BBQ. If it has a hot spot keep away. Close lid and cook for twenty minutes. Or until fish just gets flaky. Don’t overcook it. When done, plate and serve with a warm citrus glaze.
This is a tasty grilled salmon that you will do again and again. Don’t overcook the salmon or you’ll end up with a dry meal! Nice for an intimate meal for two. This Honey Bourbon Glazed Salmon is deliciously company-worthy, yet everyday easy! So with that introduction, let me tell you about this Honey Bourbon Glazed Salmon.