Mamas Shrimp Pasta. As of a few months ago, we didn't realize shrimp marinara existed. After finding the perfect romantic date night recipe, mussels marinara, we figured shrimp marinara had to be a thing. It's unclear whether it's traditional classic Italian or an Italian American invention (feel free to weigh in below).
Great for backyard barbecue with friends or a quiet dinner inside with family. Add vinegar for an extra tang! Adapted from Mama Karen Parker, this Cajun Shrimp Pasta comes together in no time and is packed with flavor! You can have Mamas Shrimp Pasta using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mamas Shrimp Pasta
- You need of Pasta.
- It’s 1 1/2 box of Penne.
- You need 1 can of Ragu Parmesan Alfredo Sauce.
- It’s 1 can of Italian style stewed tomatos.
- It’s of Shrimp.
- It’s 1 lb of Peeled and devined shrimp. (cocktail size or smaller).
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Margarine or butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried crushed parsley.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
A few weeks ago, I was scrolling through Instagram and saw Jessie James Decker post her mom's recipe for this Cajun Pasta. Cover and turn to low or off. As it cools it will thicken. So just serve or reheat for dinner over pasta.
Mamas Shrimp Pasta instructions
- Bring large pot of water to a roaring boil. Then add penne and boil for 11-12 minutes. Strain noodles, open can of tomatoes and strain juice off. Add tomatoes to pasta and stir. Finally add the jar of cheesy Alfredo sauce and mix. Let everything sit on warm until shrimp is ready.
- In a medium skillet heat up your oil and butter together on low until bubbly. Then add your minced garlic cloves and simmer on low heat until garlic is a light Brown color. Next add your shrimp and increase heat to medium low cooking the shrimp through and stiring occasionaly. Finally add the last of your seasonings and allow it to all simmer together for about 3-5 minutes.
- Plate your pasta and spoon shrimp and drippings over the top. Went very well with Italian bread and a salad tossed in vinegarette dressing.
Remove from the heat and pour over the pasta. Toss to coat the pasta thoroughly, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool the pasta quickly; drain well. They all four get SO EXCITED every time I tell them we're having "shrimp with noodles" for dinner.