Louisiana Gumbo. This hearty Louisiana-style gumbo is the perfect comfort food for a cool evening especially when Serve with cornbread or a crusty loaf of French bread for sopping up that luscious gumbo sauce. Louisiana's Creole and Cajun culinary scene makes you think of gumbo! Get this recipe featuring Learn to make seafood gumbo with this iconic Louisiana recipe featuring Louisiana blue crabs and.
This recipe certainly reflects our area of the country. It really is a meal in itself. Louisiana Gumbo Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can cook Louisiana Gumbo using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Louisiana Gumbo
- Prepare 4 of chicken breast.
- Prepare of sausage (I like polish) as much as you like.
- Prepare 4 lbs of shrimp.
- You need 2 cups of crab meat.
- Prepare bundle of celery stalks (sliced, leaves and all but the butt of it).
- You need 1 of yellow onion diced.
- You need 2 of bellpeppers diced.
- You need 4 cups of fresh sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 carton of chicken broth.
- Prepare of vegetable oil (little under 2 cups).
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare of seasoned salt.
- Prepare of onion salt.
- It’s of old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 2 dashes of Gumbo file.
- Prepare tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 4 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 2 cups of white rice.
With a slow cooked roux and gumbo file powder flavoring the shrimp, crabmeat, and andouille I am going to give you my gumbo recipe. I learned to cook from my mother and grandmother who were. Learn to make authentic Louisiana Gumbo. Gumbo (French: Gombo) is a soup popular in the U.
Louisiana Gumbo step by step
- Put a little oil on a skillet, cube your chicken and cut round pieces of your sausage. Add your favorite seasoning (seasoned salt, onion salt, etc.) Add 1 table spoon of minced garlic. Fry until done. Them put it all in a big pot.
- Put a little oil in the same skillet. Peel shrimp (no tails). Put in skillet. Put crab meat in skillet. Season it with Old Bay seasoning. Cook until shrimp is pink. Put in big pot with your chicken and sausage.
- Poor a carton of chicken broth in big pot. If the liquid level is not even to the top of the meat poor water until the liquid level is even to the top of the meat. Then add 4 chicken bullions to the pot.
- Making the Roux. 1 cup of flower and 1 cup of oil in a pan/skillet and whisk it nonstop for 30 minutes. Continue to whisk it can burn. It will turn a very dark color but that's what you want.
- In another skillet add a little oil put diced onions, celery, bellpepper, mushrooms in there. Put a tbsp of minced garlic and any other favorite seasoning. (Season salt, onion salt, etc.) Kinda saute it but still a little crunchy looking. Add your Roux to this and mix till mixed in well. Then add to your pot.
- In the pot add a tbsp and a half of Old Bay seasoning. Put a little bit of red pepper flakes. Stir well put on med heat for an hour and 30 minutes. The last 15 minutes of cook time add 2 dashes of Gumbo file to thicken it up some.
- Serve over rice and ENJOY!.
S. state of Louisiana, and is the official state cuisine. Gumbo consists primarily of a strongly-flavored stock, meat or shellfish, a thickener. This New Orleans Gumbo recipe is made with spicy smoked andouille sausage, crab, shrimp, oysters, okra and vegetables, all served over steamed white rice. Louisiana History, Louisiana Homes, New Orleans Louisiana, New Orleans Saints, Louisiana Gumbo, Louisiana Creole, Belle Epoque, Old Photos, Vintage Photos. From classic smoked turkey and andouille gumbo to a refined foie gras version, we've rounded up our favorite gumbo Louisiana Gumbo Recipes.