Prawn Biryani. Prawn biryani recipe – Aromatic basmati rice dum cooked with prawns, herbs & spice powders. Biryani is a delicious dish made by cooking fragrant basmati rice with meat, yogurt, spices & herbs. Chicken biryani & mutton biryani are the much popular versions loved by biryani lovers.
Prawns cooked in yogurt, spices, onions and layered with rice, makes this dish bursting with flavours and aromatic spices. No one can deny their love for Biryani. Biryanis are versatile and can be prepared with either chicken, meat, prawns, fish or even with vegetables. You can have Prawn Biryani using 38 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn Biryani
- It’s of for Biryani preparation:.
- Prepare 1 cup of basmati or biryani rice.
- You need 250 gms of prawn (w/o tail and skin).
- It’s 2-3 of medium onion.
- It’s 1 of medium tomato finely chopped.
- It’s 2-3 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare handful of finely chopped mint and coriander (leaves).
- Prepare 2 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare of as per taste salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need pinch of saffron strands.
- Prepare 5-6 of cashew nuts.
- It’s 8-10 of kismis.
- You need of for Dry masala:.
- It’s 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of biryani masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s of for Whole spices:.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- You need 1 of small stick of cinnamon.
- It’s 1-2 of cloves.
- You need 2-3 of green cardamom.
- You need 1 of black cardamom.
- You need 1-2 of Mace.
- You need 1 of nutmeg.
- It’s of for Raita preparation:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of curd.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of chaat masala.
- You need to taste of Salt according.
Biryani weather veg or non veg is must in a royal feast. The type and preparation for Biryani vary from region to region. The ingredients used also varies according to the culture and people. Stir together the prawns, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, black pepper, cloves, cardamom seeds, cinnamon sticks, salt, yogurt, and oil in a microwave safe bowl until well mixed.
Prawn Biryani step by step
- First, marinate the prawn with 1 tsp salt ant 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 lemon juice and keep aside for 15-20 minutes. Soak saffron strands in warm milk (1/4 cup) for 10 minutes. Prepare the rice, once 2/3rd cooked, dain the water and keep aside.
- Heat the pan, add 1 tsp oil. Add the chopped onion (1 medium finely sliced onion). Fry until golden brown. Keep aside.
- Now in a deep bottom vessel. Add 2 tsp ghee. Add all the whole spices and sauce for few seconds in low flame. Add finely chopped onion (2 medium sized onion). Saute for few minutes until light golden. Add ginger garlic paste. Add salt, turmeric, coriander powder, red chilli powder, and mix well. Add finely chopped tomato, mix well. Keep on low flame until the tomato pieces are soft.
- Now add little water, curd, garam masala and biryani masala. Add the marinated prawn and keep for cooking. Add cashew nuts and kismis. Once the prawns are cooked, add coriander + mint leaves (chopped), fried onion (1 tsp). Mix well and keep on low flame for few seconds.
- Now add the cooked rice layer top of it. Sprinke fried onion, coriander+mint leaves(chopped), saffron milk, 1/2 tsp ghee. Cover the lid. Seal the side of the lid with maida dough. Also put clove in the lid hole. Keep on low flame for 5-10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, switch of the flame. But don't remove the lid. Keep it like this for another 5-10 minutes. Now unseal (remove the wheat dough) and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve with raita.
- Raita preparation: Beat the curd to make smooth consistency. Add salt, sugar, lemon juice, water and mix well. Add chaat masala.
In the same pan shallow fry the marinated prawns avoiding pile up. This way the prawns remain juicy inside. The unique flavor, taste and aroma that comes from this prawn biryani recipe is simply amazing. It is very different in taste from the other biryani preparations. In sha ALLAH, someday I will share the fish biryani recipe as well.