Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya. Add the prawns as you would with raw prawns (they take the same amount of time to heat through as they do to cook from raw). The Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Jambalaya Recipe: In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add the sausage, broth, tomatoes, green pepper, bay leaf, thyme and cayenne.
Didn't need hot sauce (probably b/c of jalapeno sausage); was delicious;-). Heat the oil in a lidded non-stick pan. Add the chorizo and cook until it crisps up a little and gives out some oil. You can cook Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts diced.
- You need 150 g of smoked sausage sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- You need 1 of red pepper diced.
- You need 1 of green pepper diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato puree.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 of heaped teaspoons smoked paprika.
- It’s 200 g of rice.
- You need 400 g of tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 450 ml of chicken or vegetable stock.
- You need 150 g of prawns peeled and deveined.
- You need of salt and pepper for seasoning.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chives.
For the chicken and prawn Jambalaya, heat the oil in a heavy pan and fry the onion, peppers, chorizo, garlic and celery until translucent. Add the Cajun spice mix, tomato puree and rice and stir well. Chicken and prawn jambalaya recipe Save. After about three minutes, remove the chicken and prawns to a plate and add the onion, celery and green pepper to the pan (holding back the celery.
Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya step by step
- Place the olive oil in a large pot and gently warm over a medium heat Add in the garlic, tomato puree and chicken Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add in the smoked sausage, onion, peppers, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika Cook for a further 8 minutes Stir in the rice, chopped tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes covered or until the rice is tender Season with salt and pepper Stir in the prawns and chives and cook for 5 minutes.
A classic Cajun dish combining the holy trinity of pepper and celery with diced chicken, chorizo, rice and prawns, flavoured with a smoky blend of Chilli Powder, herbs and spices, all cooked in one pan for a really tasty meal for everyone. Cook the meats: Heat the oil in a large dutch oven or skillet over medium-high heat. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the sausage and chicken to a plate. Cook the veggies: Melt the butter in the pot. Jambalaya Recipe – Easy, tasty, one pot recipe for Jambalaya prepared with rice, chicken, shrimp, and sausages.