Jambalaya in Pressure Cooker. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat or use the brown function. Add the chicken, sausage, and shrimp. Jambalaya, the creole classic rice dish, seemed like a natural for the pressure cooker.
I've made Jambalaya for years and my stove-top recipe. Pressure cooker jambalaya never been easier! I found this amazing sausage and fresh bell peppers at the store and I immediately thought I'd try pressure cooker jambalaya! You can cook Jambalaya in Pressure Cooker using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jambalaya in Pressure Cooker
- Prepare 230 grams of Andouille Sausage.
- It’s 230 grams of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare 230 grams of Prawns (uncooked).
- You need 2.5 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1.5 teaspoons of Thyme leaves (dry).
- You need 0.5 teaspoons of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of Onion (chopped).
- You need 3 of garlic cloves (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Yellow Pepper (chopped).
- Prepare 1 dash of Hot Sauce.
- You need 200 grams of White Rice (not cooked).
- Prepare 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes.
- You need 250 ml of Chicken broth.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Parsley (chopped).
Instant Pot Jambalaya. 'Jambalaya, a Louisiana meat, seafood, and rice staple, is quick and easy in the multi-cooker. I replaced my electronic pressure cooker so I'm on the hunt for a variety of good recipes for it. I found this one on a few different web sites but don't see it on Zaar. If you are using a regular stove top pressure cooker it should be fairly easy to adjust accordingly.
Jambalaya in Pressure Cooker step by step
- Heat your pressure skillet or cooker. Put oil in pan and add chicken, sausage & shrimp, stirring well after each addition.
- Sprinkle meats with 1 ½ tsp Creole seasoning, 1 tsp thyme & cayenne. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked & shrimp has turned pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Place onion, garlic, peppers, and celery in the pressure cooker, along with 1 tsp Creole seasoning, ½ tsp thyme, and hot sauce. Cook 4 – 5 minutes, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add rice, tomatoes and broth to the cooker. Close and lock the lid in place and heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rise.
- Turn down the heat when the second white ring appears on the indicator rod and cook for 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and release the pressure by pressing the button on the handle or by running cold water over the sink. Once all the pressure is released, open the lid. then stir in parsley and cooked protein. Replace lid, cover tightly and let stand for five minutes before serving.
Pressure Cooker Jambalaya recipe: A quick recipe for hearty delicious jambalaya, perfect to warm a cold afternoon. Add the cleaned prawns while the mixture is still hot. Allow them to cook in the residual heat. Learn how to prepare this easy Pressure Cooker Jambalaya recipe like a pro. Learn how to cook Instant Pot Jambalaya (Pressure Cooker Jambalaya)!