Skye's Spinach Parmesan Rice.
You can cook Skye's Spinach Parmesan Rice using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Skye's Spinach Parmesan Rice
- Prepare 10 oz of pkg frozen spinach (thawed and drained).
- You need 1 cup of cooked rice (can be white or brown rice).
- Prepare 1/2 of a small onion diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of nutmeg (to taste).
- Prepare 1 of red pepper flake (to taste.. I like mine a lil spicy).
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper (to taste).
Skye's Spinach Parmesan Rice instructions
- in a small skillet, heat olive oil.. add in your onion and garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. you only want to cook til lightly translucent not brown.
- add in the spinach and the nutmeg and red pepper flake. cook for just a few minutes til warmed through and to your desired texture for the spinach.
- now add in the butter and give it a good stir .. letting the butter melt.
- add in the parmesan cheese and rice .. mix well.
- you can serve this simple delicious side plain.. or with a splash of your favorite hot sauce .. or with a spoon of plain yogurt.. or sour cream. ooooh the possibilities. . haha.
- for leftovers.. if you have any. the next morning I used the leftovers for a post-run breakfast. I heated a tablespoon of olive oil in a small skillet.. and slowly warmed up 1 cup of original recipe. to that I added 1/4 cup shredded ham and warmed that up.. then cracked 1 large egg in and fried it all together for several minutes. plated it up with 1/4 cup of my favorite diced tomatoes and green chilies for a lil kick. just.. YUM!.