Spices fried rice. You can get more predictable results by making your own seasoning blends for dishes such as fried rice. For best results, buy freshly packed dry and powdered spices at a high-traffic. One of the traditional ways that basmati rice cooked in India involves flavoring it with cinnamon, cumin, and cardamom.
For the most part I followed the recipe as written (there are infinite variations you could try) except for cooking the egg separately like a crepe then rolling it up like a cigar and slicing it chiffonade-style for a more authentic presentation. Since this five spice chicken fried rice is a quick one pot meal, it is your ideal weekday meal. The frying of the chicken, to be added, also doesn't take time. You can cook Spices fried rice using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spices fried rice
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice.
- It’s 10 of Chilies (i like spicy).
- Prepare of Garlic.
- It’s of Onion /shallot.
- You need of Candlenut.
- You need of Coriander.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of White pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sweet soy sauce.
- It’s 4 tsp of oil for fry.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- It’s of Cucumbar.
- You need of Tomato.
- Prepare of Lettuce.
- You need of Fried onion.
- It’s of Krupuk (shrimp crackers).
- Prepare of Additional veetables.
- It’s 1 cup of White cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Green onion / scallion.
The use of chicken breasts, and that too diced, ensures a lower cooking time. I first had this one pot cooked rice in a fine dine Chinese restaurant and there they had made it so well. Fried rice is a Chinese food restaurant staple that's always on the take-out menu. It's hard not to eat every light and fluffy morsel.
Spices fried rice instructions
- Mash garlics,onion,candlenut,coriander, chillies (this time i use chilli flakes coz i run out of chilli).
- Fry all the mashed seasoning.
- Add egg and additional vegetables.
- Fry all until it cooks well.
- Add the rice, sweet soy sauce,salt and white pepper. Mix all well.
What makes the dish so tasty is the stir-fry technique that's easy to tackle at home. Using this vegetarian recipe as a base, you can incorporate any mix-in's or proteins you'd like to switch up the taste. Push rice mixture to side of skillet. Serve with additional soy sauce, if desired. Fried rice is a popular favorite in Chinese restaurants.