Spicy Dried Shrimp / Hae Bee Hiam. Dried Shrimp Spicy Sambal or, better known as Hae Bee Hiam, is a popular condiment that Asians love! The explosive flavours of the savoury fried Anne is a veteran home cook who is very particular when it comes to making her very own Hae Bee Hiam. To achieve a consistent fluffy texture and the.
Glad that I've attempted this, it tasted simply irresistible, even my son been asking to sprinkle over his rice/porridge every other day! Spicy dried shrimps sambal or more commonly known locally as "hae bee hiam" (alternate spellings: hay bee hiam/hei bi hiam) is a popular condiment in Singapore and South East Asia. I use my base home-made sambal belacan (pictured below) and stir fry it with chopped dried shrimps, shallots and. You can have Spicy Dried Shrimp / Hae Bee Hiam using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Dried Shrimp / Hae Bee Hiam
- It’s of simple chili paste or any sambal oelek.
- It’s 5 of fresh red chili.
- Prepare 5 small of shallot.
- You need 5 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of thumb size ginger.
- Prepare of BAKE RICE OPTIONAL.
- You need 2 cup of cooked white rice.
- You need of Spicy Shrimp /Hea Bee Hiam.
- It’s 2 of dice onion.
- You need 2 cup of dry shrimp.
- It’s 5 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 1 of lime juice.
Store this in an airtight container if not using immediately. I first learnt about Hae Bee Hiam cookie from a dear friend WH last CNY; he told me that it's very yummy and addictive. Was quite curious about the taste since I like salty sweet type of cookies and so when I chanced upon The Cookie Museum's stall. Properly Blend or pound ingredients A & B separately.
Spicy Dried Shrimp / Hae Bee Hiam instructions
- SIMPLE CHILI PASTE ,put all ingredient into a pounder till smooth paste set aside.
- soak dried shrimp /dried pran / hae bee for 5 minute then drain and pound dry shrimp then set aside.
- in pan with oil brown dry shrimp and onion for about 3 minute in low heat stirring to prevent burn then add 1 tsp of chili paste with 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and lime juice mix well.
- stir fry for another 1 minute till crispy then drain on paper towel.
- BAKE SPICY DRY SHRIMP RICE.
- add 5 tbsp of cooked spicy dry shrimp onto cooked white rice in rice cooker and bake for another 1 minute.
- NELOW ARE FEW DRIED SHRIMP / DRIED PRAWN / HAE BEE RECIPE ,I AM GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU.
Apart from baking and cooking classes, I have been having loads of fun collaborating with great brands such as Harvey Norman Singapore to bring you a series of cooking videos in which I show you how you can very easily whip up some yummy meals at home! Hae Bee Hiam (Spicy Dried Shrimp Sambal). Also known as Spicy Dried Shrimps, this dish is well known to be a spice in many dishes. The aroma and flavour of the shrimps can make you wow! Cut and peel garlic, shallots and chillies into smaller pieces.