Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice. Add the rice, and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice was made fresh, cooking time will be faster. Just make sure that the rice isn't too wet, which will make frying it difficult.
Fried rice with Italian anchovy, dried shrimp and Chinese kale stem. Fried Diced Lamb with Garlic and Black Pepper. Fried diced lamb with garlic and black pepper. You can cook Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice
- Prepare 400 gr of cooked rice, put in the fridge at least for 1 hour.
- It’s 3 of small shallots, minced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 of lemon grass, white parts, thinly sliced (optional).
- Prepare 2 of green onion, separate the white and green part, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 5 of eye bird chili/Thai chili/jalapeno (omit if do not like spicy), thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of dried shrimp/anchovy, chopped (can use anchovy paste or anchovy from a can).
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- You need as needed of ground white/black pepper,.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten with 1/8 tsp salt.
- Prepare of Accompaniments (optional) :.
- It’s of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- Prepare of Roasted duck (left over from dinner).
Served with jasmine rice and clear soup. Stir-fried crab meat with garlic, yellow chilies and French beans. 味付けに干しエビやアンチョビを使ったチャーハン。It's a fried rice seasoned a dried shrimp and the anchovies. Rinse the rice in several changes of water until it runs almost clear. The red Jasmine rice really does a lot to liven up an easy stir-fry of eggs, green beans and prawns.
Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok.
- Saute the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, green onion (white part) and chili until translucent. Add in the dried shrimp/anchovy. Stir for a minute.
- Add the rice, and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes. If the rice was made fresh, cooking time will be faster. Just make sure that the rice isn't too wet, which will make frying it difficult. Sprinkle salt, sugar and ground pepper. Mix it well.
- Push the rice aside of the wok. Add 1 tbs oil in the wok. Pour the beaten eggs. Quickly scramble the eggs, then gather all of the rice into the middle of the wok.
- Mix thoroughly for another minute or two and give it a taste. Add more seasoning if needed. Sprinkle with green onion (the green part). Mix it.
- Transfer to a plate and put the accompaniments on the side. Enjoy!!.
This is my version of homestyle shrimp fried rice though I used prawns which I marinated to give them more depth. Dried shrimp are used in Vietnamese cuisine, where they are called tôm khô, and are used in soups, congee, fried rice, or as a topping on stirfries (Mì Xào) or savoury snack items. They are also commonly eaten as snacks. The Chinese living in Malaysia, especially those of Peranakan descent, developed sambal udang kering, which uses dried shrimp. It can be served as pub food.