Shrimp Mac N Cheese. Our Shrimp Mac 'n' Cheese is a seaside version of that classic comfort dish. The shrimp gives it an added flavor of summer, but this creamy, dreamy mac and cheese recipe is perfect all year round. One bite, and we know this is going to be your new favorite.
A silky, cheesy macaroni sauce with plump, juicy garlic shrimp (prawns) AND a crunchy, golden parmesan topping. I loaded up my favorite basic baked macaroni and cheese recipe (seen previously here and here, and an ultimate version here) with spicy shrimp, pepper jack cheese for an extra kick, and topped it with light-as-air Panko bread crumbs. The dish isn't too spicy (my mom is really sensitive to spicy dishes, and she thought the mac and cheese was fabulous, the spice not too overpowering), so if. You can cook Shrimp Mac N Cheese using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Mac N Cheese
- It’s 16 oz of cooked elbow pasta (I didn't have any so I used penne).
- You need 2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of Velveeta Queso Blanco cheese.
- Prepare 12 oz of cooked shrimp.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 of crumbled Ritz Crackers (enough to lightly top dish).
The Best Macaroni And Cheese With Shrimp Recipes on Yummly Macaroni And Shrimp Au Gratin, Andouille Sausage Mac & Cheese, Trashless Trashy Mac & Cheese In Seconds Feel free to mix up the cheeses! I love gruyere for this Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese because it melts beautifully and for it's sweet yet sharp, caramelly, nutty, buttery taste. Monterrey Jack cheese would also be delicious.
Shrimp Mac N Cheese instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter on stove top.
- Add flour to thicken.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Add cheeses and stir. Reserve just enough cheese to sprinkle over the top of the dish.
- Stir in sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta and shrimp in a baking dish. To add more flavor, I seasoned my shrimp while cooking.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese and Ritz Crackers.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
The spice level for this recipe is completely customizable. This mac and cheese is a fantastic one-dish meal — it's so rich and creamy and cheesy, all you'll need is a simple green salad to serve alongside, and your menu is set. Lobster works well in this recipe, but if that seems too luxurious, use any combination of seafood you like. Cajun Shrimp and Crab Mac and Cheese. The fact that my entire family enjoyed it was such a big deal, because black folks don't play when it comes to mac and cheese.