I love cooking shrimp because it cooks up so fast and it is such a crowd pleaser! Combine lemon zest and juice in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Sprinkle in parsley and stir in butter until melted. You can cook Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp
- It’s 1 T of evoo.
- It’s 3/4 pound of lg shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- You need 1/4 t of salt & fresh ground pepper (for seasoning shrimp).
- You need 1 pound of spaghetti (i use gluten free yam starch noodles).
- You need 1/2 t of salt, plus more for the pasta water.
- Prepare 2/3 c of evoo.
- You need 2/3 c of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 T of lemon zest(about 1 lg lemon).
- You need 1/2 c of fresh lemon juice (about 2 lg lemons).
- You need 1/4 t of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 of 3 c chopped fresh basil.
- Prepare 2 T of capers, she has a process to roast these. I used them raw.
Add shrimp to the lemon sauce. Mix pasta, shrimp, sauce, and Parmesan cheese together in a large serving bowl. Pour the shrimp with the sauce over the pasta. Add the Parmesan and pine nuts, if using, and toss to mix and coat.
Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp instructions
- Season shrimp with s&p. Sautee in oo heated to med. 2-3 mins per side in single layer. Cook until no longer gray and translucent.
- Cook the pasta in the very salted water in very large pot until a la dente or to your liking or follow directions on box. You will save 1 cup of pasta water before you drain.
- Whisk olive oil, parm cheese,.
- Lemon zest and juice in lg bowl, blend. Toss the shrimp and the pasta into sauce and add reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at a time to moisten, and toss to get to desired sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix in basil and capers.
- Sprinkle with extra parm cheese (optional) Mine verses theirs. I think mine looks better.
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and extra red pepper flakes on each serving, if desired. Meanwhile, melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. How impressive is it with the spaghetti twirled high on a serving dish and mounted with the lemon garlic shrimp! I do believe it merits an orgasmic sigh! Raw easy peel shrimp are an ideal choice for busy weeknights!