Seared Salmon with Onion-Balsamic Sauce.
You can cook Seared Salmon with Onion-Balsamic Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seared Salmon with Onion-Balsamic Sauce
- You need 100 grams of Sashimi grade salmon.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 of to 1/6 medium Onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ● Balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ● Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ● Consomme bouillon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ● Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of if you have some, (as needed) Vegetables as a relish.
Seared Salmon with Onion-Balsamic Sauce step by step
- Rub the grated garlic into the salmon and season both sides with salt and pepper. Slice the onion thinly. Mix all of the ● seasonings together.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and sear the salmon. Remove it when both sides are golden brown. Adjust the doneness to your liking. Be careful not to overcook it.
- Add oil in the same frying pan and sauté the onion. Do not burn; sauté until wilted and transparent. When it's reduced to 1/3 of the original amount, add the combined ● seasonings.
- Add butter to the onion in Step 3 to finish the sauce. Slice the salmon. Arrange on a serving plate with side vegetables and serve with the sauce.
- Here's the same dish made with tuna. I also tried red sea bream and young yellowtail, and all worked well with the sauce. Try it with your favorite sashimi.