RACING RICE CAKE PASURUAN (Lontong Balap Pasuruan). RACING RICE CAKE PASURUAN (Lontong Balap Pasuruan) Lontong is a dish made of compressed rice cake in the form of a cylinder wrapped inside a banana leaf, and this is a typical Indonesian food. The rice rolled inside banana leaf and boiled, then cut into small cakes as a food replacement for steamed rice. Great recipe for RACING RICE CAKE PASURUAN (Lontong Balap Pasuruan).
The rice rolled inside banana leaf and boiled, then cut into small cakes as a food replacement for steamed rice. See great recipes for Half-fried Tempeh (MENDOAN TEMPE) too! The rice rolled inside banana leaf and boiled, then cut into. You can have RACING RICE CAKE PASURUAN (Lontong Balap Pasuruan) using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of RACING RICE CAKE PASURUAN (Lontong Balap Pasuruan)
- You need 1 piece of tempeh, cut into 2×2 cm.
- It’s 500 g of tofu, fried and cut to taste.
- You need 150 g of bean sprouts, discarded roots.
- Prepare 500 g of rice, for rice cake (lontong).
- It’s of CHILI PASTE.
- Prepare 10 pcs of boiled cayenne pepper.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of quality shrimp paste.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of fried onions.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of fried garlic.
- Prepare 50 ml of boiled water.
- You need to taste of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of DRESSING SAUCE.
- You need 1 stalk of lemongrass, crushed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 to 2 liters of water.
- Prepare 3 of lime leaves.
- You need 3 cm of galangal, crushed.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of salt (to taste).
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of oil for frying.
- You need of SPICES.
- Prepare 4 of garlic.
- Prepare 4 of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 cm of turmeric.
- Prepare 4 of pecans, toasted.
Lontong balap, literally means "racing rice cake", which is a dish of rice cakes, fried tofu, and beansprouts, doused in kecap manis and sambal sauce. In the past, lontong balap hawkers carried their wares in a large, heavy metal urn. Lontong balap is soupy, a symbolic difference than its comrades back in the western part of Java that use peanut sauce, and tastes quite sweet with a hint of savory owing from the beef broth. But first of all, huge chunks of rice cakes are placed in order with the bean curds and (a lot) of bean sprouts first.
RACING RICE CAKE PASURUAN (Lontong Balap Pasuruan) instructions
- Blend all ingredients seasoning and set aside.
- Blend all sauce ingredients, mix the soy sauce after the sauce was smooth. Add a little water so that it is not too thick, set aside.
- Heat oil and sauté ground spices together with lemongrass, lime leaves and galangal until fragrant.
- Add the tempeh and water and stir well. Add the sugar and salt, and cook until cooked tempeh. Set aside.
- Put the cake in a serving dish, add the chunks of fried tofu.
- Pour sauce with tempeh on it, complete with chili paste. Serve warm.
- IMAGE : this is a rice cake (Lontong).
Bekasi Bekasi city is one of suburbs in West Java provinve. To the south is Bogor Regency, east is Bekasi Regency. Kupang lontong is consist of kupang-Kupang is kind of oyster or small shellfish-, lontong or rice cake and completed by the shrimp paste sauce. Similar with Lontong balap, kupang lontong is also has lento or fried cassava and scallop satai, as topping. The Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park is the main attraction in East Java and accounts for a large percentage of overseas tourists who visit the region.