Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice. semi frozen fish should be cut in cubes and the shrimp should also have the tales removed. onion should be diced in one bowl and green onion should be cut in another bowl. break rice up by hand so that it is like individual kernals. Shrimp Fried Rice recipe is made with fresh shrimp, rice, green onions, peas, carrots, and sesame oil. You have probably tried this recipe multiple times at a Chinese restaurant, or other places.
You may think it as an usual fried rice. Shrimp Fried Rice was one of the most popular fried rice dishes in my parents' Chinese takeout restaurant. People would order Shrimp Fried Rice by the quart, and it seemed like we were always peeling shrimp to keep up with demand. You can have Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 3 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of tilapia fillets, semi frozen.
- You need 15 of raw shrimp, cleaned and deviened. remove tail.
- It’s 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 of stalks of green onions.
- It’s 1 cup of peas and carrots, frozen.
Add the rice and mix thoroughly. Add the crab meat, mixing carefully and serve immediately. This easy shrimp fried rice is restaurant-quality (or better!). Fresh or frozen shrimp are quickly stir-fried with garlic and onions.
Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice instructions
- *** some recipes use Ham but I use Bacon drippings in place of 'oil'..
- rinse rice 3 times. put in sauce pan with water and salt. let soak for 30 minutes..
- allow water to come to a boil and turn down to Med/low. allow to cook covered for 16-18 minutes.
- put rice in shallow pan. toss and fan. once it is room temp u can put it in the freezer for 45 minutes. though it seems silly to fan and toss the rice. it is important for the steam and moisture to get out of the rice..
- ****IF U R PLANNING TO COOK THIS THE NEXT DAY.. then put in container and refrigerate..
- semi frozen fish should be cut in cubes and the shrimp should also have the tales removed.
- onion should be diced in one bowl and green onion should be cut in another bowl.
- break rice up by hand so that it is like individual kernals.
- 2 eggs should be beaten in a bowl. add a dash of salt and pepper. put oil in wok or large non-stick skillet. scramble the egg and then put it back in original bowl. the heat from the egg will cook any left in bowl.
- put 2T of oil in skillet put in diced onion and frozen veggies (NOT GREEN ONION) stir it on Med/ high until they are semi soft add fish and shrimp. stir until shrimp is pink and fish is white. removed from skillet. I had a large mixing bowl and just put it in with the eggs.
- I put 2 more Tbsp of oil and allow it to get hot. pour rice into hot oil and stir constantly . making sure all the rice is covered with oil. rice will turn tan or the color of brown rice. and green onion and continue to stir.
- put meat— fish and egg back in skillet and continue to rapidly stir. add the soy sauce. once the soy sauce is mixed in well it's done..
- *** my mother doesn't like garlic but u can add 2 cloves of garlic to the diced onion.
- **** u can taste and adjust salt and pepper . you can use 2 tsp of fish sauce. but I don't personally.
Add the cooked rice, a couple of eggs, frozen peas, plus a special Thai sauce, and you have a fried rice recipe that is sure to please everyone, even your kids. A great way to use leftover rice—and leftover roasted chicken can also be added if you have some. Shrimp Fried Rice Description: A healthy, gluten free and flavorful version of the popular asian classic, this time featuring US caught wild gulf shrimp for their unique flavor and size. This shrimp fried rice recipe is great for dinner events or family gatherings. This Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe will have you cooking like a pro in no time at all.