Fried Rice with Dried Shrimps and Frozen Veggies. I always keep a bag of frozen shrimp and a package of Costco frozen stir-fry vegetables in my freezer. You just defrost the shrimp and frozen vegetables and stir. Great recipe for Fried Rice with Dried Shrimps and Frozen Veggies.
I like to soak it a bit in the. Skip the meat and increase the vegetables for a vegetarian version. Use pre-packaged, cooked brown rice to make the recipe come together quickly. You can cook Fried Rice with Dried Shrimps and Frozen Veggies using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Rice with Dried Shrimps and Frozen Veggies
- You need 2 cup of steamed rice.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 of shallot paste (ground or slice a couple of shallots thinly).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of frozen vegetables.
- You need 3 tbsp of dried shrimps, soaked in water for about 15 minutes (discard the water or use it as broth later).
- Prepare 2 tsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
The shrimp and veggies have the best flavor to make the perfect meal everyone will go crazy over. We absolutely love to get Chinese food and fried rice is a favorite around here. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger powder and white pepper; set aside. For the veggies, I like colorful pea pods, sweet red peppers and water chestnuts. —David Dahlman, Chatsworth, California.
Fried Rice with Dried Shrimps and Frozen Veggies step by step
- Heat the oil in the wok. Add garlic paste, shallot paste, and stir until fragrant.
- Add dried shrimps, then frozen veggies. Lower the heat.
- When the veggies are partially thawed, add honey.
- Add the rice, and stir until well-combined.
Flip the shrimp over and cook a few minutes more. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and stir for one minute. Something you can't do nearly as much once you have kids. Dried shrimp (海米, hai mi) are shrimp that have been sun-dried until very small for preservation purposes.