Sunshine 's Gumbo. The self-taught chef and author of Gumbo Love is famous for her dark-roux gumbo—a heady collision of cayenne, bacon fat, and filé powder—that has been something of a culinary lodestar. Stir in desired amount of hot sauce. Summer sippin' is in full swing! ? There wouldn't be these summertime smiles without Mike's Hard Lemonade!
This recipe is packed with fresh seafood—the ingredient list calls for a pound of fresh lump crabmeat and three pounds medium-size raw shrimp. I read an article that mentioned taking a daily sunshine break at noon. Instead of staying in for lunch, eat in the sunshine or choose to sunbathe over your noon hour. You can cook Sunshine 's Gumbo using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sunshine 's Gumbo
- It’s 1/4 cup of roux powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of celery chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of green bell pepper chopped.
- You need 2 cup of fresh okra cut in slices.
- It’s 1 cup of oinon diced.
- You need 1 can of corn drained discard juice.
- It’s 1 can of 14.5 oz diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 lb of sausage sliced.
- You need 1/2 lb of chicken breast cut in pieces.
- Prepare 1 lb of shrimp frozen.
- You need 2 packages of success rice bags.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
Better take some D drops on those days! Copy any recipe from any website with a click. You'll have your own copy of the full recipe. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday.
Sunshine 's Gumbo instructions
- mix a roux by heating oil in large pot and slowly by adding flour and water, let it trun golden brown.add can of diced tomatoe, and stir.
- now add vegetables and stir. let cookfor a few minutes add chicken broth, stir well. let cook on med, heat.
- now in a sauce pan, heat butter, add chicken pieces and cook for a coupel minutes. now put chicken into the pot, add sausage, shrimp.
- let boil for about 5 minutes, then turn to low.
- add the minute success rice, cut bags open put in to pot. discard empty bags.let cook on medium heat for 12 minutes.adjust taste with the salt and pepper if need it.
- its quick and easy. great gumbo.
Etsy is the home to thousands of handmade, vintage, and one-of-a-kind products and gifts related to your search. No matter what you're looking for or where you are in the world, our global marketplace of sellers can help you find unique and affordable options. The Acadia Parish Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and staff, volunteers, and teams invite you to join us for a fun-filled day in Downtown Crowley. The Gumbo Foundation is cooking for a cause in perfectly seasoned Opelousas and Sunshine will be one of the teams! Every year, the foundation rounds up area chefs who are willing to compete for "best gumbo", an honor held high in Louisiana.