Creamy Shrimp and Rice. Adapted from our popular Creamy Garlic Scallops recipe, this mouthwatering creamy shrimp goes with absolutely anything. I just take some rice and add in onions and garlic for added flavor. Get this awesome recipe for Easy Garlic Shrimp with Bacon in Creamy Parmesan Sauce.
Creamy Rice and Shrimp is so easy creamy and delicious, this dish makes a great meal without spending a huge amount of time or energy in the kitchen! I feel like I want to see a little more contrast between the shrimp and the rice (hard to do because they are kind of the same color) and I would. Only changes I made were after sauteing the vegetables I added shrimp to pan and cooked till almost done. You can cook Creamy Shrimp and Rice using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Shrimp and Rice
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of each chopped red peppers and onions.
- It’s 1 packages of (6) sugar snap peas,halved.
- You need 1 lb of frozen cooked medium shrimp, thawed, drained.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of (10) oz philadelphia savory garlic cooking cream.
- Prepare 2 cup of white cooked long grain rice.
This Shrimp Fried Rice is the fastest and easiest takeout dinner you can make at home! Shrimp, rice, nonstick cooking spray, sour cream, mushrooms, mayonnaise, onions, prepared mustard, scallions, spring or green onions, cheese, garlic, parsley leaves. Coat a large non-stick skillet with pam; place over med-high heat until hot. You make a shrimp stock with the shells so that this decadent shrimp risotto is bursting with flavor.
Creamy Shrimp and Rice instructions
- Heat oil in a large skilled on medium high heat . Add red peppers and onions ; cook and stir 4-5 mins or until crisp tender . Stir in peas cook 3-4 mins or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp, black pepper and milk; cook and stir 3-5 min or until heated through. Add cooking cream; cook and stir 2 min.
- serve over rice.
The risotto should be loose, creamy, and saucy, but thick enough that you can see bottom of pot when stirring; if you run out of stock before rice is tender, add water ¼-cupful at a time until rice is cooked. This shrimp and rice dish always brings back memories of my childhood. My Dad used to make this with white rice and lots of grated cheese at the end, almost like a risotto, but not. My Dad used a lot more butter when he made it, but this lightened up version is just as delicious. Looking for a sea-food based recipe for dinner?