Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup. See great recipes for Sinigang na Hipon (Filipino Shrimp Tamarind/Sour Soup) too! Great recipe for Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup. I made this recipe up four years ago when I was trying to find something to do with tamarind powder.
I could live on the broth. Hello everyone, today I show you "Yummy Water Lily Sour Soup Cooking with Shrimp". +++ Ingredient: – Galangal – Lemongrass – Chili – Kaffir lime leave – Salt – Chicken powder – Fish sauce – Small. Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. You can cook Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of raw, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- You need 1 packages of of bean thread or rice noodles, follow cooking instructions on package.
- It’s 3/4 packages of tamarind powder, paste works too.
- You need 1 large of tomato, diced.
- It’s 3 clove of of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of bundle of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped.
- It’s 5 of green onions, chopped, both white and green parts.
- It’s 1 of fresh lime, sliced.
- It’s 1 of fresh jalapeno, deseeded and sliced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of stir fry sauce to marinade shrimp.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil to cook shrimp.
- It’s 1 bunch of of bean fresh sprouts (optional).
- Prepare 1 of sprinkle finished soup with sesame seeds.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the oil. Note that it will taste very strong at this point, but will be delicious once combined with the other ingredients. Place prepared shrimp in a bowl, being sure to drain off any residual water. Prepare the shrimp: Choose nice big shrimp and remove the shell and vein.
Delicious Tamarind Shrimp Soup instructions
- In a bowl, add cleaned shrimp, diced tomato, chopped garlic, tbs. olive oil, stir fry sauce and seasonings.
- In a pot, add 5 or so cups of water, tamarind powder, a squeeze of sriracha chili sauce(optional), add a tsp. of salt and place over low heat.
- Be sure to taste broth, make sure it's not watery, and has a good tamarind flavour.
- Cook noodles according to package, they should be springy and have a slight chew to them, rinse with cool water and set aside.
- In a pan, cook the shrimp mixture over medium heat. The tomatoes will break down and make the mixture watery, you want this to happen, it will become part of the broth. Cook until shrimp are done about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add your noodles. Then add your shrimp with some of the tomato juice. Pour the tamarind broth about half way up the bowl. Top with the fresh cilantro, jalapeno, green onions, bean sprouts and lime.
You can also butterfly them if you prefer. Stir shrimp around quickly and add a dash of oyster sauce or salt. Sinigang na Hipon – Tamarind Soup with Shrimps and Vegetables is a classic Filipino soup dish flavored with souring agents. Start with a clear broth flavored with tamarind. In the Philippines, we boiled unripe green tamarinds from our yard, then mashed the softened pulp to add to the broth.