Chicken And Rice Perlow With Shrimp and Spicy Smoked Sausage. Place chicken in a large pot. Add water to cover, onion, bay leaf, thyme sprig, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
See great recipes for Chicken And Rice Perlow With Shrimp and Spicy Smoked Sausage too! See great recipes for Smoked penne and shrimp in pesto sauce too! Add chicken, sausage, tomatoes, broth and ground red pepper; mix well. You can cook Chicken And Rice Perlow With Shrimp and Spicy Smoked Sausage using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken And Rice Perlow With Shrimp and Spicy Smoked Sausage
- Prepare 3-4 of chicken breast.
- You need 1 lb of smoked sausage.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked shrimp.
- Prepare 1/2-1 stick of Butter.
- It’s 3 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare of Seasonings:.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper, garlic.
- Prepare 2 packets of Sazon.
Chicken Perlo (as I knew it growing up) was a sticky rice dish with dark meat chicken, sausage, lots of black pepper, hot sauce and Fajita Seasonings. If the rice was fluffy and not sticky, it wasn't Perlo. This is not Jambalaya! ? I remade the recipe for the cookbook using cauliflower and I think I captured the flavors that Daddy used. Remove giblets, etc. from the chicken cavity (if included).
Chicken And Rice Perlow With Shrimp and Spicy Smoked Sausage step by step
- Add chicken breast and seasonings to pot and bring to boil over medium high heat until reaches a rapid boil then reduce to a simmer until cooked throughout no pink about 30 min. Once reaches boil reduce heat to med low and cover with lid and stir occasionally for the 30 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions and set aside until end can leave on burner once cooked just make sure off and fluff rice with fork before we mix at the end.
- While chicken cooks dice your sausage up in bite size pieces and add diced onions to a frying pan big enough for all ingredients. I use a wok cook on a med high heat (I use an uncle johns brand).
- Once sausage cooked and onions translucent add shrimp. I dice shrimp as well. About 5 minutes just long enough to warm and soak flavor.
- Now add 1/2 to a stick of butter and shredded cooked chicken from beginning and season (this is when the Tampa girl comes in and I add two packets of Sazon along with salt garlic pepper) and simmer stirring occasionally for 15 minutes covered on low.
- Now dump cooked rice and mix all of it throughly rice soaks up juices so don't be afraid of the butter or liquids.
- Once throughly mixed taste add more seasonings if like and enjoy! Will look like this. I put hot sauce and few chopped raw onions on top, but kids eat just the way it is!.
- Great next day for breakfast fried in skillet until warmed back up and then top with fried egg!!! Yummy?.
Clean and rinse chicken well and place in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid. Crockpot Chicken, Sausage, & Rice is another one of my favorite crock pot meals to make, whatever the season. The chicken comes out cooked to tender perfection and pairs perfectly with the sausage. Round out the meal by serving this with a nice, warm piece of crusty bread and a refreshing side salad. (Even better? A Southern specialty, chicken perlo refers to a South Carolinian rice dish.