Jollof Rice with salad,pan fried shrimps with fried chicken. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains. This traditional Nigerian dish brings out the best possible flavor of rice and chicken. Chicken is first sauteed on the stove top to produce a wonderful aromatic base for.
This version of jollof rice adds chicken for a filling dinner that cooks all in one pan. This is better than fried rice you would get from a restaurant. Jollof Rice, or sometimes called as jellof rice, is a classic rice dish cooked in a flavorful tomato-based broth. You can have Jollof Rice with salad,pan fried shrimps with fried chicken using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jollof Rice with salad,pan fried shrimps with fried chicken
- You need of Rice.
- Prepare of Tomato paste (Gino or derica).
- It’s of Maggi.
- Prepare of Shrimps.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Chicken.
- It’s of Onions.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Garlic.
With its several regional variations in name and ingredients Now, if you are not vegan and want to throw in some meat or protein, do so by all means. Simply stir fry shrimp, beef or chicken and. Nigerian Jollof Rice or Jellof rice is a rich and incredibly tasty west African one-pot Meal. It is a very versatile dish and it is usually made from.
Jollof Rice with salad,pan fried shrimps with fried chicken instructions
- Wash your rice or half cook it with hot water,I prefer the hot water half cooking,de vein your shrimps and leave in a colander to strain water.
- Cut up your onions garlic,marinate the shrimps and set aside,cook and fry your chicken.
- Rinse your rice before this you would have set up to cook your jollof, I like mine Smokey so I prefer outdoors cooking for rice.
- For the shrimps just put in a little oil, pour your marinated shrimps in add a little dry pepper and fry to your taste.
Serve with Fried Chicken, Spicy Grilled Chicken, Grilled Tilapia Fish or Gizzards and plantains. Nigerian Jollof Rice or Ghanaian Jollof Rice? Stir in chicken, along with rice, stock and thyme leaves. Jollof rice is also served with salad or fried plantain called dodo in the Yoruba language. The Senegalese version of this traditional dish, thieboudienne, which features fried fish and that I cooked last year, seems to have originated much later during the nineteenth century as it was created by a.