Egg drop tofu soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local little Chinese restaurant every single Saturday. Soak in boiling water for a few minutes and remove the skin if desired. Cut into smaller pieces and remove the seeds.
All you need is some chicken. Even though egg drop soup is served at many Chinese restaurants, it wasn't something my family ordered when we went out to eat. The name "Egg Drop" comes from how the soup is made—dropping raw egg into hot soup. You can have Egg drop tofu soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egg drop tofu soup
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of tofu ,cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of bean sprouts (optional).
- Prepare 6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of miso.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 8 of peppercorns.
- You need 4-6 of cloves.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 1/2 inch of ginger sliced.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of chopped spring onions to garnish.
It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Egg drop soup was always her first choice. You don't need to add tons of spices like star anise and cloves because it overpowers the delicate egg flavor. Egg drop soups are always easy and quick to prepare.
Egg drop tofu soup instructions
- Boil chicken or vegetable stock, add ginger, cinnamon stick, miso paste in a deep pan. In a tea strainer, place star anise, peppercorns and cloves and add to the pan.
- Add soy sauce and tofu and bean sprouts and simmer for 5 mins on medium heat.
- This step is optional: Add 2 Tbsp of corn flour with little water and add to pan for thickening and mix well for 2 mins.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and whisk with fork. Using fork, pour the eggs to the pan like long ribbons. Simmer for 3 mins and turn off the stove.
- Transfer the soup in a bowl and garnish with spring onions and enjoy!!!.
When I am in a hurry of preparing a dinner or my family do not need too much meat or fat, I will I have post recipe introducing tomato rib soup. The recipe today calls for fresh tofu, egg and tomatoes. Those ingredients not only create a slightly sweet. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper.