Butternut squash soup recipe. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
Keep it in mind for the holidays, too. This easy butternut squash soup recipe is a great make-ahead option. In fact, it tastes even better the next day. You can have Butternut squash soup recipe using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup recipe
- Prepare of Butternut squash cubed.
- It’s of Ginger.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of Onions.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of Mint leaves (optional).
Making soup from butternut squash is one of our go-to moves during the fall. Most good soup recipes start with you sautéing aromatics for flavor. This recipe calls for a classic mirepoix: onion, celery, and carrots that will give it a ton of flavor. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best!
Butternut squash soup recipe instructions
- Peel the butternut and cut into cubes. Peel your onion, ginger and garlic.
- Add everything into your cooking pot, add some water and bring to a boil till the butternut is tender.
- Drain off the water when ready but not all since it will be necessary while blending. Add your cooked butternut to a blender and blend till smooth. You can also add some mint leaves while blending.
- Serve in your favourite soup bowl. Oh add a mint leaf for garnish.
Made with squash, ginger, rosemary & sage, it's super creamy and full of cozy fall flavor. Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance. Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're craving a warm and creamy bowl of comfort. I first shared this soup recipe years ago with our pumpkin soup. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.