Mike's Smoked Wild Alaskan King Salmon Fillets & Grilled Asparagus. Our Honey Smoked King Salmon Belly Strips have a wonderful glaze and will make your mouth water!! Wild Alaskan King Salmon (also called Chinook) is the largest and most rich flavored of all the species of wild salmon. Our smoked wild Alaskan salmon have a shelf life of approximately four years and require no refrigeration until they are opened.
These Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon are skin-on and boneless. Known for its rich flavor and distinctive deep red flesh, sockeye salmon is the second most abundant Alaska salmon species. Named for its distinctive red meat color, which is retained throughout the cooking process. You can cook Mike's Smoked Wild Alaskan King Salmon Fillets & Grilled Asparagus using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Smoked Wild Alaskan King Salmon Fillets & Grilled Asparagus
- You need 2 (1 Pound) of Alaskan King Salmon Filets.
- Prepare 2 of Bricks Hickory Wood.
- It’s 1 Cup of Apple Wood Shavings.
- It’s 1 Cup of Alder Wood Shavings.
- Prepare to taste of Sea Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Ground Sumac [a fantastic lemony flavored Cherokee herb for fish].
- Prepare to taste of Lemon Pepper.
- It’s to taste of Granulated Garlic.
- You need as needed of Olive Oil [+ reserves].
- You need as needed of Fresh Dill.
- You need as needed of Lemon Slices.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Asparagus [with olive oil & lemon pepper].
- Prepare as needed of Shreaded Parmasean Cheese [for asparagus, if opted].
- Prepare 2 (8 oz) of Packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese [optional].
- It’s as needed of Chilled Capers [optional].
- Prepare as needed of Oversized Bagels [optional].
- You need as needed of Chilled Chardonnay.
Wild salmon is among the purest of all ocean fish. After our salmon are caught, they are carefully placed into an icy slurry brine that quickly cools them. Wild Salmon, for sale direct from Alaska fishermen. Captain Jack's sells only premium, locally harvested, Alaskan King Salmon and Sockeye Salmon.
Mike's Smoked Wild Alaskan King Salmon Fillets & Grilled Asparagus step by step
- Gather your woods and shavings.
- Place your woods and shavings in your smoker. Bring smoker up to 200°. Fill water reservoir 3/4 full. [not pictured but it sits directly underneath top grid].
- Rinse fillets and pat dry. Lightly coat both sides with olive oil. Check for any bones and pull of need be.
- Season your fillets to taste. Do not use fresh herbs to BBQ.Feel free to go heavy on the Sumac tho! Place salmon on a ventilated rack – skin side down. Do not use fresh herbs on anything BBQ/Grill style as they will only burn and wither quickly, Use only dried herbs when BBQ'ing/Smoking.
- Cover tightly and smoke for 1.5 hours. Monitor temperature to make sure she stays at a steady 200°.
- Check fish half way thru for doneness and re-seal smoker quickly. You don't want to flare your woods and burn them out. Look at her! Ain't she pretty?!.
- Rinse asparagus and pat dry. Cut off the bottom 2" of stems. Coat asparagus with garlic olive oil and season with lemon pepper and parmasean cheese. Grill for 30 minutes at 250°. Longer of need be depending upon thickness.
- Serve smoked salmon with fresh lemon slices and fresh dill.
- Feel free to turn any salmon leftovers into an elegant salmon bagel spread!.
Ultra Large Capacity Electric SteamDryer, Wild Cherry RedFrom LG. Smoked King Salmon Smoked Sockeye King Salmon Candy Canned Hot-Smoked Sockeye Smoked Salmon Sampler Smoked Sablefish Wild Salmon Jerky Strips Smoked Pouched Albacore Tuna.varieties (wild Sockeye salmon, wild King salmon and wild Pink salmon) of traditional Northwest smoked salmon from the SeaBear Smokehouse, all in one Each smoked salmon is vacuum sealed in SeaBear's famous Gold Seal pouch and gently cooked in its own natural juices; this preserves the. Category: Wild Seafood Tags: alaskan-king-crab-legs, crab-legs, king-crab-legs, wild-alaskan-king-crab-legs Often called the finest of all crab, wild Alaskan king crab is sweet, tender and absolutely delicious. You may also like… Info Buy. Skin-On, Boneless These Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon are skin-on and boneless.