Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung). A simple hommade village fried rice ( Nasi goreng kampung) making tips and easy recipe. Nasi goreng (English pronunciation: /ˌnɑːsi ɡɒˈrɛŋ/), literally meaning "fried rice" in both the Indonesian and Malay languages, is an Indonesian rice dish with pieces of meat and vegetables added. Easy spicy anchovy fried rice, one of the famous Malaysian fried rice, also known as nasi goreng kampung.
Nasi Goreng can be served as a main dish, as a component of a Dutch/Indonesian 'rijstafel' or as a side dish. It is commonly eaten by Indonesians for breakfast, which you can do also if there is any left from the previous day (doubtful!). Nasi Goreng is a very popular fried rice dish, it is Indonesia's national dish. You can have Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung)
- You need 300 gr of white rice.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten, then fried and scrambled.
- It’s 4 of shallots, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of candlenut, shaved/puree.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried shrimp paste, toasted.
- It’s 1 tsp of sweet soy sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s of SPRINKLED GARNISH:.
- Prepare 10 gr of anchovies, fried.
- Prepare 5 of cayenne peppers (to taste), thinly sliced.
An authentic nasi goreng recipe (fried rice in Indonesian) should at the minimum include key ingredients like kecap manis, belacan or terasi Nasi goreng kampung or countryside nasi goreng (fried with anchovies and leftover fried fish) is one of the most popular. Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! Nasi Goreng is a fragrant Indonesian fried rice recipe, that is much easier to make at home than you think!
Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) instructions
- Saute garlic, shallots and candlenut until fragrant. Add white rice and egg, stir briefly.
- Add pepper powder, dried shrimp paste and sweet soy sauce. Stir so that all ingredients are well blended.
- Serve fried rice with a sprinkling of fried anchovies and sliced cayenne pepper.
Are you a fan of Indonesian cuisine? I love fried rice as much as the. Nasi Goreng is an Indonesian Fried Rice loaded with chicken and sweet, spicy, and savory flavors you'll love. Ready in minutes and cooks in one pan! Nasi Goreng is Indonesian-style fried rice typically flavored with shrimp paste, chili, tamarind, and kecap manis.