Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice. Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice. perryrey. A mixture of Indian and Malay cuisine. Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice.
Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice. perryrey. Skewered Tiger Prawns with herbs My Little Italian Kitchen. "These savory-sweet shrimp skewers are easy to make and cook in just a few minutes," says France C. "They are perfect for summer weeknights or weekend dinner parties. Prep the sauce ahead of time for an even faster dinner. You can cook Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice
- Prepare 1-2 lbs of jumbo tiger shrimp cleaned, deveined and butterflied.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil, I used olive.
- Prepare to taste of Plenty of salt and pepper.
- It’s 4 of large cloves garlic, crushed.
- You need Dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of jasmine rice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 3 cups of cold water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream of coconut.
Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice. fenway. Tell me that doesn't make your mouth water. If you like a good classic shrimp boil then you will love them. Grilled Teriyaki Prawns with Asparagus and Coconut Rice. brought it to a boil to thicken and put it on the table for people to use on their shrimp or rice if desired.
Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice instructions
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and let it sit in the fridge for a bit, about 30 minutes.
- In a 2 quart saucepan combine the rice, butter, salt and water. Bring to a boil. Boil for about a minute then turn heat back to low and cover. Let it cook like that for about 5-10 minutes. DO NOT STIR. Turn off heat and DO NOT LIFT THE LID. It'll finish steaming for another 10 minutes.
- Cook the shrimp on a hot grill until JUST opaque, 2-4 minutes total depending on shrimp size. Over cooked shrimp makes for a rubbery texture. Yuk.
- When the rice is done and all the water has steamed out, add the 1/4 cup of cream of coconut and a dash more salt and stir to combine. Serve with shrimp. We had sautéed vegetables from our garden on the side.
You saved Grilled Teriyaki Prawns with Asparagus and Coconut Rice to your Favorites. Since grilled shrimp is such a versatile main dish (these three different versions are in my current rotation), what you serve it with is equally as flexible. Place figs, mango, ginger, red pepper, rice vinegar, honey, and cayenne in a small saucpan. Let cool slightly, and then refrigerate until completely chilled. Great for an appetizer or lunch!