Lemon prawn rice. In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let this Lemon Herb Shrimp and Rice Skillet be your ticket to a tasty meal that's anything but boring!
Add the parsley and serve with the shrimp. Melt the butter in the microwave. Combine the melted butter with the rest of the ingredients in an oven-safe baking dish. You can have Lemon prawn rice using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon prawn rice
- You need 2 cups of basmati rice washed & drained.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely chopped spring onion.
- It’s 1-2 tbspn of garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime zest.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- It’s 3-4 cups of water.
- You need 250-300 gms of prawns.
- Prepare of For prawns marinade.
- It’s 1 tbsp of crushed garlic.
- You need 1-2 tsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1tsp of Oregano or Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of vinegar or lime.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
From quick and easy bowls and plates (like these Shrimp Fajita Bowls, Sheet Pan Shrimp and Vegetables with Rice, and Shortcut Shrimp Paella) to Cajun-inspired suppers (we love this Jambalaya with Shrimp and Andouille Sausage and this Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo), you're going to want to bookmark this collection of shrimp recipes with rice. This one-pan shrimp and rice is just that. Quick, easy and packed full of flavor. To make this dish you will need jumbo shrimp that has been deveined and clean, quick cooking rice (basmati or minute rice), onion, garlic, and spices.
Lemon prawn rice step by step
- Marinate prawns with garlic, oregano, pepper powder, Olive oil, lime & salt as per the measures mentioned for around 1hr.
- Take a cooking pot.heat on low flame and add butter. let it melt. fry the marinated prawns and keep aside.
- Now to the same prawn fried pot add spring onions and garlic and saute till onions and garlic turn light brown in colour. (Add more butter if required).
- Now Add washed and drained rice and saute for 5 min.
- Add 3 and half cup of water, 1tbsp lemon zest and salt as required and stir well.close the lid and boil the rice for 5min.
- Open the lid and place the prawns and lime as shown in pic. cook in low flame for about 10-15min or till done.
- Sprinkle some spring onions while serving.
I like to drizzle some freshly grated parmesan on the dish at the very end. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Turn off heat and add butter; slowly stir to create a creamy sauce. Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Stir through for a minute or two to let the flavours combine.