Salmon and Spinach Lasagne. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles, some salmon mixture, some spinach, salt, pepper, some tomato sauce, and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers until ingredients are used up. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Allow lasagna to cool slightly and set up before slicing and serving. There is nothing difficult in this delicious salmon lasagna recipe, you just need to make a tasty white sauce. You can have Salmon and Spinach Lasagne using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon and Spinach Lasagne
- It’s of Veggies and Herbs.
- It’s 1 bag of fresh bag of spinach.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh chopped dill weed.
- Prepare 1 of lemon zest.
- You need to taste of Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of finely sliced shallots.
- You need 4 tbsp of grapeseed oil.
- Prepare of Meat.
- You need 1 2/3 lb of skinless salmon fillets.
- You need of Dairy.
- Prepare 2 cup of combined shredded asiago and parmesan cheese, mixed.
- You need 1 cup of mild shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk (you can use skim milk).
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cottage cheese.
- Prepare of Pasta.
- You need 12-14 of Oven baked lasagne sheets.
Or perhaps you'd prefer a spicy curry made with the same ingredients. Salmon and spinach lasagne is an absolutely terrific innovation and so delicious with the creamy garlic white sauce. A great option for freezing into batches and enjoying again at a later date. Add half of the spinach, half of the prepared salmon and a third of the cheese.
Salmon and Spinach Lasagne step by step
- Prepare Spinach.. Turn the stove on to medium heat. Use a medium sauce pan and add the grapeseed oil. Let oil become slightly hot and add sliced shallots. Cooked until they are translucent, about 5-7 minutes, with consistent stirring. Add the bag of spinach to pan. Stirring with consistency until spinach is wilted. Once complete, then set aside in a bowl.
- Prepare the salmon..Turn the stove on to medium to low heat. Use a medium sauce pan and add 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil. Let oil become slightly hot then add the salmon to cook. Cook the salmon on both side for 5-7 mins or longer for larger pieces. Once done, break into pieces and put aside in a bowl.
- Prepare cheese sauce (or bechamel sauce)..Melt the butter in a large pot until it foams. Slowly whisk in flour to make a roux. Cook for 2 min and don't let burn. Slowly add milk, whisk briskly, until sauce is smooth, then add heavy cream. Stir whiskly until smooth. Put sauce on low simmer, cook until thickens. Stir in dill, lemon zest, salt, pepper and combine cheese mix of parmesan/asiago. Turn off pot, once the sauce is complete.
- Assemble to Lasagne..Preheat oven to 350°. To a 13×9 dish, add some sauce to bottom of pan. Line pan with 4-5 lasagne sheets. Add another layer sauce, then some salmon, spinach, some cottage cheese and some mix of cheddar/asiago/parmesan cheese. Continue this for another two layers. Top with final layer of lasagne sheets, remaining sauce and sprinkle with rest of cheese mix.
- Cook the lasagne..Place pan on a cookie sheet to catch any overspill. Put in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes. If you want a brown top, at the last 5 minutes set the oven to broil at 500°. As it finish cooking, set lasagne aside for 10 minutes before eating.
Gradually stir in the combined milk and stock until smooth. Return to the heat and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens. Wrap to make a parcel, sealing the edges tightly but leaving room for the air to circulate. Rinse the spinach, then put in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry until it wilts. In a pan, sauté onion and garlic in evoo until soft.