Sushi Bake. I designed a sushi bake that's been a hit at family parties, business events and pot lucks. This is a simpler version and knowing not everyone has access to. This baked sushi casserole packed with imitation crab, furikake, and fish roe is broiled for a toasty finish.
It combines the universally popular flavours of sushi with. Sushi bake seems to be here to stay – at least for a good while – and both Japanese restaurants and But, what is it, really? The anatomy of a sushi bake. You can have Sushi Bake using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sushi Bake
- It’s 3 cups of cooked sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 lb of lump crabmeat (variation: cooked shrimp or sauteed scallops.
- It’s 1 lb of imitation crab sticks, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Japanese mayonnaise.
- You need 2 stalks of green onion, thinly chopped.
- You need To taste of Wasabi paste or Sriracha sauce, (optional).
- You need 2 T of tobikko or roe, optional.
- You need 1 jar of nori furikaki seaweed flakes (find at Asian grocery store).
- Prepare 1 Package of Seasoned Seaweed Sheets, cut into rectangles.
Just like most food trends, we're not quite. This casserole is filled with a mouth-watering mayo/crab meat mixture. To serve, cut seaweed sheets into four. The sushi bake trend is here and it looks like it may be here to stay.
Sushi Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix lump crabmeat, crab sticks, Japanese mayonnaise, green onion, wasabi paste/Sriracha sauce, and fish roe.
- Press cooked sushi rice onto a 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 jar of Nori Furikake onto pressed rice.
- Spread crab mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining Nori Furikaki on top of the mixture.
- Place in oven and cook until the top is a golden brown color, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve on plates with cut seaweed sheets. Use the seaweed as a wrap.
While there are some scratching their heads why it is even called "sushi" when it's neither rolled nor bite-sized. Sushi Bake (like a Baked Dynamite Casserole) – add cooked chopped onions and cooked white fish. Poured over crusted chicken but would probably just bake the chicken next time. Finish by adding the rest of the roe and more furikake. The Best Sushi Bake Recipes on Yummly