Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders. The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. The sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is a member of the Convolvulaceae family of flowering plants, which includes the morning glory, chokeweed, and water spinach. The sweet potato has been cultivated for thousands of years for its tuberous roots.
Sweet potatoes are nutritious, high in fiber, very filling, and delicious. They can be eaten boiled, baked, steamed, or fried. Sweet potatoes are usually orange but also found in other colors, such as white. You can cook Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders
- Prepare 1 small of salmon fillet.
- It’s 1/2 medium of sweet potato.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 of egg white.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 5 of drops lemon juice.
- You need 8 tsp of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 8 of mini flour tortillas.
- You need 4 slice of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 4 tbsp of honey mustard dressing.
Whether you're using sweet potatoes in a fancy-special holiday dish or just baking one for a quick after-work dinner, you're getting a veggie with major health superpowers. The sweet potato is probably one of the most-versatile vegetables. Find recipes for all the different ways you can prepare sweet potatoes here. Sweet potatoes are a hearty, delicious veggie.
Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders instructions
- Shred salmon fillet into pieces using a fork.
- Add egg white, garlic salt & lemon juice.
- Cut 1/2 a sweet potato into thin slices and boil until soft enough to blend.
- Blend/puree boiled sweet potato into mash consistency then add to salmon mixture.
- Cooked white rice according to package directions then added to mixture.
- Warm butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Mixture may be loose consistency so spoon directly onto a spatula and press into a round, patty shape (about 2.5-3 inches round).
- Sprinkle the top with Italian bread crumbs and flip patty onto the buttered pan with the bread crumb side down.
- Allow bottom to crust to a golden brown for 3-5 minutes. Add bread crumbs to the top and flip again to brown the other side for 3-5 minutes also.
- You can pan cook on low heat for a couple more minutes if desired to ensure the salmon cooks through.
- To make the micro-mini tortillas for the small patties, I used the rim of a cup as a cookie cutter and cut the tortillas and cheese slices into rounds.
- Warmed the tortilla rounds on the stove heat, placed the salmon patty on top of one, added the cheese, then a smear of honey mustard dressing and topped with another tortilla round.
- Viola!! Measurements yield approx. 4 salmon cake sliders.
Sweetpotatoes are a satisfying and versatile vegetable with a well-earned reputation for nutrition. View our sweetpotato recipes, health info and how to's. Striking the balance between vibrant, versatile and delicious, sweet potatoes have become a pretty common component of the modern diet. Sweet potatoes are a surprisingly nutritious vegetable. These easy homemade tortillas are great for tacos, wraps, enchiladas, quesadillas, or just enjoying by themselves.