Jollof risotto rice. I hereby introduce to you the HOLY GRAL of Nigerian Food!! Let me know in the comments how do you like it.!! Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs depending on the nation.
Try out the Nigerian Basmati Jollof Rice. Jollof Rice one of our favorite party food in Nigeria, hardly will you go to any Nigerian party and not find Basmati Jollof Rice recipe (The Party style with Beef). Find jollof rice stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. You can have Jollof risotto rice using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jollof risotto rice
- You need 1 cup of Aborio rice.
- You need 2 cups of Chicken stock.
- You need 3 pieces of Tatashe.
- Prepare 5 pieces of Tomatoes.
- It’s 5 pieces of Rodo.
- It’s of Onions 1 bulb.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Curry.
- You need 1 tsp of Thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian seasonings.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mozarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chef stone secret spice.
- You need 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of plantain.
- Prepare 3 of tiger prawn.
Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Jollof rice is Nigeria's national dish that is believed to be the origin of the popular Cajun dish known as jambalaya. The other name for the dish is benachin, meaning one pot in the native language of the. Jollof rice is a delicious West African dish composed of fluffy red orange rice that is often cooked There are authentic and traditional dishes that can create wars.
Jollof risotto rice instructions
- Devin and wash the tiger prawn. Marinate with black pepper and salt and keep.
- In a blender, blend together the peppers. In a sauce pot add the oil and fry the garlic and onions until fragrance, add the blended pepper and fry for 5mins.
- Add your herbs and spice and fry for another 3mins.
- Add your rice and stir well into the pepper 2mins.
- Start adding your stock bit by bit, wait until the last water is absorbed before adding another. Continue to cook until rice is soft.
- Finish it by adding the Mozarella cheese. And remove from heat.
- In a girdle hot pan. Pan fry your tiger prawn for 5 mins per each side or until opaque in colour.
- In a large wok blanch the plantain oil first before bringing the oil to 350oc and re-fry the plantain until crispy.
- To plate your food. Get a pasta dish and put your jollof risotto in the middle and assemble your prawn on it like a pyramid and butterfly the plantain by the side and vavavom.
Jollof rice is one of those dishes! Jollof rice (West Africa). © MychkoAlezander/Getty Images. A popular dish in many West African countries, Jollof rice is often consumed during special ceremonies like weddings and birthdays. Risotto, at its most basic, is rice cooked in broth. Rice is the star here because it produces starch So what makes a good risotto rice?