Prawn_Dum_Biriyani. Prawn biryani recipe – Aromatic basmati rice dum cooked with prawns, herbs & spice powders. Biryani is a delicious dish made by cooking fragrant basmati rice with meat, yogurt, spices & herbs. Chicken biryani & mutton biryani are the much popular versions loved by biryani lovers.
It can be made pretty much with anything. The real tasty biryani is in the making of it. Biryani can be made in a pressure cooker, but the real aroma of the biryani comes only when it is made in dum. You can have Prawn_Dum_Biriyani using 28 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn_Dum_Biriyani
- It’s 500 gms of prawns.
- You need 500 gms of long grain basmati rice.
- It’s 200 gms of ghee.
- Prepare 20 of gms/4tsp garlic paste.
- Prepare 20 of gms/4tsp ginger paste.
- You need 50 gms of sliced onions.
- You need 1 of tomato (chopped).
- You need 2 of microwaved potatoes & cut into cubes.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 of tap lemon juice.
- Prepare of For dry roast Biriyani Masala-.
- It’s 10 of gms/2tsp javitri(mace).
- It’s 10 gms of /2tsp cloves.
- It’s 10 of gms/2tsp cardamom pods.
- It’s 5 of gms/1tsp cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 10 of gms/2tsp sahajeera & saha marich(white pepper).
- Prepare 5 gms of jayfal(nutmeg).
- Prepare of Other ingredients-.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder,.
- It’s 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 50 gms of mint leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kewra water.
- You need of Fried cashews & kismis.
- You need 3-4 of boiled eggs.
- Prepare 4-5 of saffron strings soaked in Luke warm milk.
- It’s 1 cup of beresta(fried onions).
Prawn biryani aka shrimp biryani is popular as jheenga or jhinga biryani locally in India. Spicy shrimp masala layered with crisp fried onions and aromatic basmati rice, slow cooked to perfection, divine! To my knowledge, all I knew was, that this is an Indian style prawn biryani recipe. But, after I situated myself down towards the southern India, the biryani list further enriched.
Prawn_Dum_Biriyani step by step
- To prepare the recipe first deveined & washed the prawns.
- Then marinate them with ginger, garlic paste,turmeric powder, salt & lemon juice.Keep aside for 15 mints.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai, add the sliced onions & cook them till golden brown.
- Then add chopped tomato,red chilli powder, ginger, garlic paste, salt to taste & cook for few mints till the raw smell is gone & the oil separates.
- Now add the marinated prawns, boiled potatoes & saute for few mints till the water from the prawns dried up.Transfer the prawn masala to a bowl.
- Now in another burner boil sufficient water in a large vessel with some whole spices like cloves, cinnamon.
- Once the water starts boiling add the soaked (for 30mints) basmati rice.Parboil the rice & strain into a strainer.
- Grind finely the dry roast Biriyani masalas like nutmeg, mace, sahajeera, saha marich, green cardamom, cinnamon stick & pepper.
- In a kadai add ghee, salt, sugar, dry roasted & grinded Biriyani masala & saute in low flame.
- Mix them well & then add the parboil basmati rice.Then add the kewra water, some mint leaves & mix well.
- In a copper vessel heat ghee & then layer the fried rice, then the cooked prawns, then again the cooked& fried rice.
- Now make final layer of the garnish with mint leaves, saffron, soaked in milk, kewra water & with beresta / fried onions.
- Make a dough with whole wheat flour & lined the lid with it.Seal the coooer vessel.
- Put the vessel in a preheated oven on 180 degree centigrade for 15-20 mints & dum it.
- Decorate the delicious prawn dum biriyani with fried cashews,kismis, beresta, boiled eggs & serve it hot.
How to Make Prawns Biryani Song : Daily Beetle by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a. Prawns take very less time to marinate in comparison with chicken or meat, thus reducing the preparation time. Prawns cooked in yogurt, spices, onions and layered with rice, makes this dish bursting with flavours and aromatic spices. You can cook this dish for a. Biriyani is a rice-based food with spices.