You can have Salmon Sushi using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon Sushi
- It’s of Fresh Salmon Fillets *a block for Sashimi is preferable.
- It’s of Smoked Salmon.
- You need of Sushi Rice *see me ‘Sushi Rice‘ recipe.
- It’s of Nori.
- You need of Wasabi.
- You need of Tare (Sauce) *Soy Sauce, Ponzu, Teriyaki sauce or your favourite sauce.
Salmon Sushi instructions
- Nigiri-zushi Method:.
- Remove skin from fresh Salmon Fillets and slice them in 6-8mm thickness. Cut Smoked Salmon into right size.
- Make small Sushi Rice balls and place small amount of Wasabi on top, then cover with Salmon slices.
- To make Grilled Salmon Nigiri, the easiest way to cook Salmon is cooking only one side of Salmon slices on a hot non-stick grill pan very quickly. If you have a blow torch, you can cook the surface of Salmon after you make them into Nigiri-zushi.
- I brushed the Salmon some ‘Tare’.
- Maki-zushi Method.
- Cut Salmon into smaller peaces or strips.
- Spread out cooled Sushi Rice on the Nori sheet. Place some Salmon on the rice with small amount of Wasabi, then roll. Naturally you can add other ingredients such as Avocado and Cucumber. Japanese Mayonnaise is also quite nice for this sushi.
- Once the Maki-zushi has been rolled, it is cut into bite sized pieces with a sharp knife.