Slow Cooker Jambalaya. Colleen's Slow Cooker Jambalaya Colleen's Slow Cooker Jambalaya. The base ingredients for these two classic Creole dishes are almost identical. The main difference is that gumbo incorporates a roux, or some sort of thickener, and is served either by itself, almost like a chili, or over a bed of rice.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya, with chucks of chicken and andouille sausage and lots of shrimp, is a super flavorful one dish meal. Since Mardi Gras is just around the corner, my belly has been craving all those wonderful New Orleans foods. Have dinner ready when you come home with this ultimate, slow-cooker Jambalaya. You can cook Slow Cooker Jambalaya using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 12 oz of diced some boneless chicken breast.
- It’s 2 tbsp of veggie oil.
- You need 2 medium of chopped onions.
- You need 2 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 of bell peppers.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of smoked ham.
- You need 1 cup of chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 14 oz of canned chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 lb of frozen cooked shrimp.
- Prepare 3 cup of cooked rice.
- You need 2 oz of tomato paste.
- It’s 2/3 cup of chives for garnish.
- It’s 1 cup of sweet corn.
Featuring chicken, shrimp and smoked sausage, this classic Creole rice dish is perfect for the slow-cooker as all the flavors blend together over time in a marvelous way. As a simple one-pot meal, bring Jambalaya to your next potluck as a crowd-pleasing dish that doesn't skimp on flavor or presentation. Slow Cooker Jambalaya One of my favorite slow cooker recipes is Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken or Pot Roast, but this jambalaya is so good we've been adding it into the regular rotation with our favorites. Jambalaya is a Creole dish, inspired by both French and Spanish cuisines.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya instructions
- Combine all ingredients, except rice in slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours. If using raw shrimp add to slow cooker with 30 min remaining.
- Cook rice separately.
- Mix rice and slow cooker in a large bowl. Keep separate if you are storing the jambalaya.
- Portion mixture and garnish with chives.
Served in the south (especially Louisiana!) and filled with both shrimp and andouille or smoked sausage, it packs on the flavor as a perfect dinner option year-round. This delectable, slow-cooked version of a traditional New Orleans-style dish features chicken, kielbasa and shrimp in a bed of rice that's been seasoned with Creole seasoning, green pepper, celery and diced tomato. In a slow cooker, combine chicken, sausage, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, celery, and chicken broth. Stir in oregano, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, bay leaves, and thyme. Cover, and cook on LOW for.