Creamy Tomato Garlic Prawns. Heat the butter in a large skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the onion and fry until transparent. Place garlic and cream in a wok or frying pan and over medium heat gently bring to the boil.
Pasta smothered in a creamy sauce infused with garlic flavour, and tossed through with plump prawns (shrimp). It's indulgent but not ridiculously rich. Every pasta lovers' dream come true! You can have Creamy Tomato Garlic Prawns using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Tomato Garlic Prawns
- It’s 500 g of Uncooked Prawns.
- Prepare 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 1 of canned (*400g) Diced Tomato.
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of Ground Chilli *OR as required.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt *alter the amount to suit your taste.
- You need of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chopped Parsley *plus extra for topping.
- Prepare of Freshly Cooked Rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cream.
Creamy Garlic Prawn Pasta Prawn pasta coated in lusciously creamy sauce flavoured with a touch of sun-dried tomato pesto, fresh basil and garlic. It's simple to make, quick to cook and the results equate to a fancy restaurant dish. Of course you need good product, so buy the biggest freshest most local shrimps you can find. Once butter has melted add prawns and garlic mixture and increase heat to ensure prawns are cooked quickly.
Creamy Tomato Garlic Prawns instructions
- Prepare Prawns. If you use Frozen Prawns, thaw them thoroughly.
- Heat Butter in a large frying pan or pot over medium heat, cook Onion and Garlic until soft. Add Plain Flour and stir to mix. Add Tomato and Water and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. *Note: I always add some Water that I use to rinse the can of tomatoes.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce and Ground Chilli, and season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add Prawns. When Prawns are just cooked, add Cream and Parsley, and bring back to the boil. Check the flavour and add extra seasonings if required.
- Sprinkle with some chopped Parsley and serve with freshly cooked rice.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt generously, then add the spaghetti. Before draining, reserve a mug full (at least a cup) of the pasta water. Combining two of my favorite ingredients – prawns and bacon, tossed in a light and creamy tomato sauce infused with just the right amount of garlic, the sauce is nothing short of flavor. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.