Authentic Pad Thai. If you love authentic Pad Thai, you need this Pad Thai sauce recipe in your life! Made with tamarind paste, palm sugar, fish sauce, and garlic, learning how to make Pad Thai sauce is easy with this homemade, easy recipe. Forget ordering from your favorite Thai Food take-out and make this amazing Pad Thai sauce instead!
And if you've ever made a stir-fry, you can definitely master the technique. The authentic formula of the Pad Thai sauce; The key ingredients and the explanation how to prep these items. I am keeping the recipe as original as possible, and divide it into small steps that you can pause and continue. You can have Authentic Pad Thai using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Authentic Pad Thai
- It’s of Sauce:.
- It’s 6 Tbsp of light brown sugar,.
- Prepare 6 Tbsp of tamarind paste or rice vinegar,.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of fish sauce or Thai Taste – Vegan 'Fish' Sauce.
- You need 2 Tsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s of Pad Thai:.
- You need of Instant rice noodles (Mama brand).
- It’s 400 g of king prawns / sliced mushrooms,.
- You need 2 tsp of Thai red chilli flakes or normal chilli flakes (use less for mild),.
- You need 2 of spring onions roughly chopped,.
- You need 1 of English shallot, sliced,.
- You need 2 of eggs whisked (you can omit this to make it vegan),.
- You need 1 Tbsp of oil (we recommend peanut oil),.
- You need Handful of beansprouts,.
- You need 2-3 of garlic cloves, crushed,.
- Prepare of Tofu:.
- You need 4-6 tbsp of crushed peanuts,.
- You need 1 block of tofu drained, pressed and cut into 1 inch cubes,.
- Prepare 1 of lime, juiced.
- It’s of Freshly cracked black pepper,.
- You need 1/3 cup of cornflour.
- It’s of Garnish Examples: Handful of chopped coriander,1 spring onion chopped, lime wedges.
Pad Thai is a stir-fried rice noodle dish served and eaten as street food throughout. Pad Thai – This Pad Thai recipe is how you actually find it in Bangkok and comes from testing hundreds of different variations from food carts all over the city. Pad Thai is the ultimate street food. While "street food" may sound bad, food cart cooks are in such a competitive situation, with such limited space, ingredients and tools they need to specialize in a dish or two just to stay in.
Authentic Pad Thai step by step
- Soak noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes until soft, drain the water.
- Make pad thai sauce by placing ingredients in a small saucpan over a low/medium heat. Once the sauce thickens, add 1 tbsp of water, mix and set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, add the cornflour and black pepper and mix, add the tofu until pieces are coated.
- In a wok on a medium heat, add 1 Tbsp oil, garlic, chilli flakes and prawns (or mushrooms), spring onions, shallot and tofu. Cook for 4 minutes or until tofu is slightly browned on all sides. Set aside on a seperate plate.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil in the wok, add whisked eggs and mix until cooked/resembles scrambled eggs (if you are vegan go to step 6).
- Add drained noodles, beansprouts and sauce and toss until egg and sauce coats the noodles,.
- After 5 minutes add prawns/mushrooms/tofu mixture, 2-3 Tbsp of crushed peanuts and lime juice, toss for a final time.
- Serve immediately and garnish.
Pad Thai is stir-fried rice noodles in a sweet, savory and spicy Pad Thai sauce. Authentic Pad Thai on the streets of Thailand has a distinct fishy/prawny "funk" (which sounds thoroughly unappetising but is actually completely addictive and the very essence of true Thai street food). If authentic is what you're after, try this Prawn/Shrimp version I shared from Spice I Am Thai restaurant. On the other end of the spectrum, a quick Google is all it. This classic stir-fry of rice noodles, tofu, dried shrimp, and colorful garnishes is a street-food staple in Thailand, and surprisingly easy to make at home.