Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum). Tom yum or tom yam is a type of hot and sour Thai soup, usually cooked with shrimp (prawn). Tom yum has its origin in Thailand. This truly authentic Tom Yum Soup Recipe is straight from our travels to Southeast Asia this summer.
Choose from the classic clear Tom Yum Goong, or make the creamy Tom Yum version – both are made with the same broth. Simple to make using whole fresh OR peeled frozen prawns / shrimp, this is. This Thai tom yum soup will stay on your family favorite list forever. You can have Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum) using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum)
- You need 10 medium of size raw shrimp that have been Shelled, tailed and deveined .
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Bite size carrots. ( I used crinkle cut, prepackaged raw carrots).
- It’s 1 cup of Fresh broccoli florettes.
- You need 1 cup of Fresh snow peas.
- It’s 10 of Sliced shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 1 box of Thai Rice noodles.
- Prepare 1 of Container of Thai ginger infused chicken broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fish sauce.
- Prepare 3 dash of Thai chili oil.
- You need 2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 of Very thinly sliced Thai chili. ( if you can't find a Thai chili Serano pepper will work).
It's made with shrimp, chicken stock, mushrooms, veggies, and spices. If this Tom Yom soup is too sour for your taste, add a little brown sugar. Supremely hot and sour, light yet nourishing, this Thai soup is ideal for banishing even the worst winter chills. Tom yum soup, also known as Thai hot and sour soup, is a vibrant herbal soup that originated in Thailand.
Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum) step by step
- In a large stockpot bring Thai ginger flavored broth and water to a boil.
- Once broth is at a hard boil , remove from heat and add all ingredients EXCEPT for the shrimp.
- Cover and let set for 3 to 5 minutes. Next, remove lid and add shrimp. Cover and let sit for an additional five minutes.
It uses a broth infused with the vibrant flavors of lime, galangal and lemon grass as the base. On top, the sweet and smoky chile jam is added to further. Weeknight comfort with tons of flavor! Lemongrass gives the tom yum soup such an amazing flavor. Classic tom yum soup with all the hot sour flavours you'd expect.