Lauren's Taco Soup. This Taco Soup Recipe is healthy, hearty, easy and delicious, it will make you want to give up tacos completely and commit to just soup! We first tried this thick-as-chili soup at a church dinner. It's a warm dish ideal for a cold day and easy to prepare with kitchen staples.
And the deliciously spiced, beefy flavor will have everyone craving more! This easy Taco Soup recipe is one of my favorite dinner solutions when I want something healthy, quick, and tasty. And it's a slow cooker or stove top recipe that my family will LOVE! You can cook Lauren's Taco Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lauren's Taco Soup
- It’s 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves (I use about 8) yes, I'm a garlic fiend.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 packet of dry ranch seasoning mix.
- It’s 3 (15 oz) of cans tomatoes (I use diced and fire roasted).
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of kidney beans, drained.
- It’s 1 can of black beans, drained.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn.
Taco soup is guaranteed to be a family favorite. Best taco soup I've ever made! I made it a day early and took it to an office lunch (oh, was much better the second day), and it got raves. I did make a few small changes to the recipe, but nothing.
Lauren's Taco Soup step by step
- Brown hamburger meat, garlic and onion in a 6 qt soup pot. Drain off any remaining grease.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for at least 20 minutes. I also throw a hand full of shredded taco cheese in the pot and let it melt. Serve hot with garnishes.
- Notes: I sometimes add more tomatoes, sauce, corn and beans so I can have leftovers.
- Optional garnishes: tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese or green onions.
This Taco Soup is healthy, hearty, easy and delicious, it will make you want to give up tacos completely and commit to just soup! This healthy taco soup recipe is beyond delicious and so quick and easy to make. It will be one of those go-to hearty soup recipes you make again and again! This creamy taco soup recipe is loaded with ground beef, flavorful taco spices, corn, beans, and you can dress it up with all your favorite toppings! It's quick and easy to make.