Vickys Puff Pastry. You can have Vickys Puff Pastry, using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Puff Pastry
- You need 145 grams of arrowroot or cornstarch.
- You need 130 grams of potato starch, NOT flour.
- You need 55 grams of sorgham or brown rice flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of millet or sweet rice flour.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 180 ml of ice cold water.
- Prepare 345 grams of dairy-free spread/butter, chilled, and cubed.
Vickys Puff Pastry Instructions
- Sieve the flours & starches into a bowl with the salt and xanthan gum.
- Add the water slowly and mix quickly to a dough. If the dough is too dry add extra cold water a tbsp at a time.
- Dust a surface with rice flour and roll the pastry out to a rectangle the size of your hands placed together side by side.
- Lay half of the butter cubes over the left and middle third of the dough. Fold the right third over the middle third.
- Fold over again on top of the left hand third and seal the edges by pressing together with your rolling pin to trap the butter inside.
- Turn the pastry 90 degrees, roll into a rectangle the size of your hands again.
- Repeat placing the rest of the butter and folding the thirds.
- Seal the ends again then roll into a rectangle for the last time.
- Wrap and chill in the fridge for 3 hours before using. Can be kept refrigerated for 3 days or frozen for up to a month.
- Makes around 450g or enough for 2 crusts.
- For cooking follow the recipe directions you’re using or bake at gas 6 / 200C / 400°F for 12 – 18 minutes.