Salmon Meunière with Lemon Butter Sauce. The flavor profile reminded me of this Lemon Pepper Salmon but with the added indulgence of the lemon butter meuniere sauce. In a very un-French move, I toned down the amount of butter to keep this salmon recipe fairly healthy. Made of butter, lemon, and parsley, meunière (pronounced "mun-YAIR") is one of the simplest sauces there is.
Reduce the heat to very low and add the cold butter to the lemon juice. Keep stirring, allowing the butter to melt slowly. When the butter is melted halfway, add the parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. You can cook Salmon Meunière with Lemon Butter Sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salmon Meunière with Lemon Butter Sauce
- You need 3 fillets of Fresh salmon fillets.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of heaping tablespoon White flour.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 15 grams of ☆ Butter.
- You need 1 tsp of ☆ Bottled lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ☆ Soy sauce.
Season fillets with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets in flour, shaking off any excess flour. Place fillets in saute pans and cook. Salmon Meunière is a simple, beautiful way to prepare fresh salmon.
Salmon Meunière with Lemon Butter Sauce instructions
- Place the salmon fillets, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag. Add flour and shake to coat the salmon evenly.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the salmon fillets and cook both sides until well browned. When they are cooked through, transfer to serving plates.
- In the same pan, add the ☆ ingredients. Melt the butter in residual heat of the pan and serve the sauce over the salmon.
Honestly, I don't think you can ever have enough salmon recipes. I made this Salmon Meunière when we were stuck at home. I had salmon, and I had a ton of fresh. A simple, elegant Pan Seared Salmon recipe in a lemon browned butter sauce. Searing the salmon results in a flaky, juicy salmon filet.