Creamy Butternut Pumpkin Soup. Use any type of eating pumpkin you want OR butternut squash (which is called butternut pumpkin in Australia). A thick and creamy pumpkin soup that's full of flavour. Sweet pumpkin flavour, savouriness from the broth, garlic and onion.
Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video! This creamy (yet cream-less) soup features incredible roasted pumpkin flavor. Easy to make and you can do it low fat. You can cook Creamy Butternut Pumpkin Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- You need 1 kg of butternut pumpkin.
- You need 1/2 of diced onion.
- It’s 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need 1 cup of thickened cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 2 of diced potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Finely chopped chives.
- You need 1 of Salt and white pepper, to taste.
Perfect for Thanksgiving or on a cool autumn night. A rustic soup with creamy butternut pumpkin, fresh vegetables, and the warming flavour of cinnamon. I have prepared this soup many times and is always a hit!. Some people don't eat pumpkin for some reason, well if you try this recipe, I'm sure you'll make it again.
Creamy Butternut Pumpkin Soup step by step
- Heat butter in a large saucepan and saute onion until soft..
- Add vegetable stock, pumpkin and potatoes and cook until soft..
- Puree soup with a blender..
- Stir in cream and heat again but do not boil..
- Garnish with sour cream and a sprinkle of chives.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Smoked Paprika Curried Butternut Squash Soup Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi Creamy pumpkin & lentil soup. Creamy and nourishing curried butternut squash pumpkin soup made with warm flavors like fresh ginger, curry powder, and turmeric is a beautiful autumn soup. This vegan roasted pumpkin soup is super creamy, delicious and healthy! It's very easy to make, full of pumpkin flavors and the best way to warm up! I've already made this soup with butternut squash and it was just as delicious!